Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Antique military firearm dealers?

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I’m jonesing to pick up an authentic civil war Springfield musket. I’d rather not buy from an online action without holding it in my hands. But I don’t know anyone in Ohio that specializes in this area….or has inventory. Anyone have any leads?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’m jonesing to pick up an authentic civil war Springfield musket. I’d rather not buy from an online action without holding it in my hands. But I don’t know anyone in Ohio that specializes in this area….or has inventory. Anyone have any leads?

That's a new one for me. Let us know what you find.

Reactions: Smawgunner2

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I assume you mean something like an 1861 Springfield. The show up pretty regularly at gun shops and auctions. You could also attend some Civil War reenactments and ask around. A few years ago I visited a gun shop in Northfield Ohio (Akron area) that had a bunch of antique guns, might be worth a phone call.

Jamie

Ohio
A little late for Civil War era, but I have an 1884 Springfield that I would sell or trade. PM me if you are interested.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
20210516_193841.jpg

20210516_193838.jpg

20210516_193849.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
The big muzzle loader shoots are held in
Friendship Indiana a couple times this summer. I think the first is in June. I would bet you could find anything you wanted or at minimal a few leads to get what your after at that event.