Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any direct tv owners?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Get money off just by calling. Seen it on another forum.
IMG_1827.jpg
IMG_1828.jpg

Isaacorps

Columbus
I dropped those fuggers a few months back and swore off the cash grabbing, racketeering SOBs along with all other cable companies for good. 🖕🏼em. Thanks for the tip though lol

Reactions: triple_duece

Jamie

Ohio
been working on how we can get rid of it, too. my landline, DSL(both CenturyLink) and DTV are bundled. still a gouge job. if this is for real, will make it a little less painful until we decide on other options. thanks for posting.

Buckkillr

Athens
I don't but about to switch to something different. We currently have dish and not only is it expensive but HBO got dropped off air because of some money battle between HBO and dish. If no one has seen any of HBO's series there usually great, time to move on I guess

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I have it and I feel its a ripoff as well. I'm tired of paying 130 bucks a month or more. Maybe I will call and see if this is for real. Thanks

Last Saturday I was washing my truck and a Dish van pulled into the driveway. The guy sat in the van for a few minutes looking at paperwork, got out, didn’t say a word, and walked out to the front yard. He spent 2-3 minutes looking through the satellite locator. He then yells over while pointing at the ground “right here” and I asked, “you drilling for oil” and he says “no, the dish is going right here.” I then explained to him I’m not getting Dish. He had the right address, wrong street.

Anyway, I got rid of Dish a year ago as it got too expensive even after the introductory offers and went with Sling. Saved me $80 a month.

Reactions: Isaacorps

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Damn I wasn’t trying to piss people off, but rather save you 600$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called to cancel Direct TV last year due to buying a roku and was gonna switch to Sling TV. After multiple attempts at lowering the price they final settled at $3.99 a month for 2 years. Honestly had no intent of sticking around but for that price what the hell.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I don’t think anyone’s pissed, we appreciate the heads up on a potential money saver. A lot of people are just tired of playing the game with the sattelite and cable companies and are at the point of saying to hell with them all together. No need to apologize for trying to save folks some of their hard earned money 👍🏼

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Havent called yet Mike. Looking at the wording on the original post it was dated from 2017. Id be shocked if that deal is still valid.