Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone else get a survey from the ODNR?

I received a turkey hunting survey from the ODNR, via email. It was very elaborate with the questions.

* They asked about the amount of hours hunted each day....morning and evening.
* What counties were hunted and on what days.
* How many toms, jakes and hens that were seen each day.
* Opinions of an earlier hunting season or later, for next year.
* Opinions of the general population of turkeys seen during the hunt.

There was a section for comments, towards the end of the survey, asking for suggestions for improvement possibilities. :unsure:
This is where I took off on the need for predator reductions. Coyotes and bobcats were my main focus, but I should've included coons. I don't have bobcats in my area, yet. I let them know that I have fellow hunters in southern Ohio that have hunting properties that are nearly void of turkeys, since their sightings of bobcats. Ohio does NOT need any more predators! (n)

Did you get a survey?
If you did, what did you think of it?

Reactions: Big_Holla

lung buster

hocking county
I did and completed it this am. It did mention bringing in youth weekend a week early due to a Saturday start of the regular season. Im neither for or against either, we will hunt when the dates are set doesn't really matter to me. I did mention predators in the comments as well. Bobcats and coyotes are on pretty much every cam pull anymore around here.

Outside

I received one, and filled it out. I got a thank you. Would have liked a 15% discount on this year's license, or at least a visit from a small green lizard.

Reactions: Isaacorps