Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone start shooting??

runhunter

Anybody start rampin it up with the bow yet, or ever stop from last season? I took about 2 months off, but have been shooting a few times a week for the last month. I put a new Winner's Choice on my CRX back in March. So once I started shooting and got it sighted in, I figured I might as well keep shooting 3-4 days a week and take it right into turkey season. Just curious to see who shoots regularly, and who starts mid summer etc..

Ricer2231

Started shooting about a month ago. Trying to shoot 2-3 times a week and anywhere from 75-100 arrows each time. I just got this bow in December so it's new to me. Just love shooting it.

runhunter

Yea man, I don't blame ya. Until I bought my CRX 2 years ago, I was still shooting a Hoyt Razortec from 2003. I ended up deciding to upgrade because the bows were so much different, technology just took off. I ended up selling the Razortec and almost regret not holding on to it. Although that feeling disappears everytime I loose one from the CRX. I'm a Hoyt guy through and through, but I tell ya what, if I ever change brands, I may find myself picking up an Elite. I was very impressed with that bow.

I think it's therapeutic to go about a few nights a week and shoot 20-30, just takes the edge off.

runhunter

I hear ya, and when it boils down to it, I'll probably never change either, but I did like the Elite. I've only been shooting at 20 and 30 yards so far. I like to practice at longer distances, so the 20 yarders feel like throwing darts, I just don't have the room in my back yard.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have been shooting off and on since I killed my buck in November and stopped hunting. I have a new bow waiting on me in Columbus, just need time to go get it. Once I have it in hand, I'll be shooting almost everyday. We have 10 acres at our office and I got the go ahead to set up a small 3D range, so I'll spend my lunch breaks shooting most days.

runhunter

Jesse, what did you get? Always exciting picking up a new rig!

I miss the that kind of shooting. Once my old 3D wore out, I bought a Block and having shoot that exclusively for a few years now, but have been kicking around going back to the 3D. Just adds another dimension to practice

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I bought a barely used 2010 Strother Infinity with black riser and Predator limbs. Putting a Limb Driver Pro-V, custom Spot Hogg Hogg-It, and a 10" Stokerized stab on it. I have been waiting a decade to build my dream rig and this is it. Can't wait to see it all put together!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have been shooting less than normal, but for some reason I shoot better when I do. Probably suffered from chronic exhaustion for years.

I've been shooting at 3D events for a month...with my compound. I just purchased a new recurve (PSE Stalker) and have been practising with it...A LOT and will continue to do so until I get good enough (for me) to go to some 3D shoots with it.

My Martin Cheetah is dialed in and has been with me as I hunt turkeys this season. :smiley_bril:

I just came in from my backyard from watching 4 toms and 2 hens. A truck drove by and they stepped back into the woods, so I set 4 hens and 1 jake out to see how they react to them. At least I know they're in the area. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Just got my Motive 6 today... I'm getting an early start to shooting. I usually don't start till august...lol

00buck

i shoot at least 2 times a week between 30-60 arrows each time but have started a new job and havent been getting home till dark for the last week