Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE atv tires/wheels

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bought a Honda Foreman from Windsor...aka Tuflehundin a couple of years ago. Being a swamp rat from La, he had a set of AT 27x 9.75-12 Mud Machine tires mounted on ITP wheels on the thing. They hadn't been used much as he was transferred to Italy and needed to unload his toys. I took them off shortly after getting the four wheeler because I just didn't need them for the putting around I do. I figured I'd just keep them for the day we had a really heavy snowfall or something. It hasn't snowed much since, so I'm selling them. He told me on the phone last night the set was around 1k when he bought them. I'm listing them on CL for 500. Anyone here wants them, I'll take 400. They are in great condition, and I don't think a person could ever wear them out!

Attachments

• Madison-20120730-00267.jpg
    Madison-20120730-00267.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 141

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone know if these would work on a 2003 Yamaha Kodiak 450 or 2006 Honda Rancher 400? If so, I am probably interested.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've no idea if they will fit or not. They were on a Foreman, and it isn't "lifted", so I imagine they will fit most anything.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They will work on the Rancher for sure, and should on the Yamaha. Both have a 4 bolt hub. I took stock '07 Rancher rims and tires, then bolted them on a '01 Yamaha Big Bear with no issues. My only word of caution is putting a big aggressive tire on a quad that can't handle it. The 2006 Rancher is the last year of the 350 models, then in 2007 they released the 420s. If it were me, I wouldn't put these on a 350 as they are TOO much tire for a quad that size IMO. If its a 420, then I wouldn't worry so much about it, but be aware that they can still cause bearing and alignment issues.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My 2006 Rancher is a 400. The Kodiak is a 450. I am sure either could handle it. I had a 2000 Foreman prior and it had some similar tires. It was a 400 as well, but not as spunky as the Rancher. I still wouldn't call any of these three quads "spunky" though. They are what they are: Utility quads.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I forgot they had the 400 out that year TOO. I'd still be leery of putting these things on there full time. If the plan is to use them in bad weather, you are probably safe to put them on.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the info Jess. Wyn never mentioned they could cause a problem to me... Of course if you use an atv more for a boat they probably do not. :)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks for the info Jess. Wyn never mentioned they could cause a problem to me... Of course if you use an atv more for a boat they probably do not. :)

HA! No kidding!!!

I have 26" tires on my 2007 Rancher. It is full injected with a fuel optimizer and after market pipe. It's a bad machine for a 420. I had ITP MudLite ATs on there to start with and never had issues. Soon after I bought my ITP 589s, I developed issues in the front end. Imagine a set of tractor tires on a golf cart. You might be able to fit them and the motor can turn them, but that added (extreme) digging from the tires is hard on the mechanical process. Size the tires to the bike and it's power, and you limit those issues to just routine alignment and camber checks. But oversize and get TOO aggressive, you will eventually have issues. Not so much in mud and snow, but on hard and/or tacky ground.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I forgot they had the 400 out that year TOO. I'd still be leery of putting these things on there full time. If the plan is to use them in bad weather, you are probably safe to put them on.

I pretty much just use them to work. I think I finally broke 600 miles on the 2003 and not sure the 06 Rancher has but 5-600miles on it. I bought it in 2007 with 315 miles. I think the Kodiak had 360 miles on it or somewhere close when I bought it 3-4yrs ago. Looking at maybe 50-60miles per year. I don't think it will hurt me too much. Let me know if you think I am wrong.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They will work on the Rancher for sure, and should on the Yamaha. Both have a 4 bolt hub. I took stock '07 Rancher rims and tires, then bolted them on a '01 Yamaha Big Bear with no issues. My only word of caution is putting a big aggressive tire on a quad that can't handle it. The 2006 Rancher is the last year of the 350 models, then in 2007 they released the 420s. If it were me, I wouldn't put these on a 350 as they are TOO much tire for a quad that size IMO. If its a 420, then I wouldn't worry so much about it, but be aware that they can still cause bearing and alignment issues.

I just hung up with Wyn, Jesse. He said you are full of chit...:) He said these are not like "Outlaw" tires, that they are very smooth for such an aggressive tread. I can't argue either way as I don't know a heck of a lot about atv tires and such. He also stated he wouldn't have been such a big fan of this type of tire if they tore up his equipment, and he ran this type on the quad since the day he got it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Brock- I am going to try to cross reference the bolt patterns. What year is your quad? Feel free to call or text me at 419 233 9339 if easier on you.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have no doubts that's true as that Forman is a beast. I'm just saying put TOO big and aggressive of a tire on a bike not built for it and it can cause issues. Wyn is 100% correct in his case...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry Brock. I am out. Did some looking at both my quads. One has 24" tires and the other is 25" tires. Going up one size is one thing but 2-3" jumps in tire size is probably not the best idea from what I am reading up on some other forums. Sorry to waste your time. Probably just order some tires from Rocky Mtn ATV and swap them out on my factory rims. I was thinking I had 26" tires on there to start with. Must have been one of the mowers with 26" tires.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No problem, Phil! I'm sure someone will snatch them off CL before long, and if they don't, they don't take up much room out in the shop. Heck, maybe we'll get two feet of snow this winter! :)