Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Back and forth

Snyder10

I’ve gone back and forth whether or not to post this but finally thought I need to, basically for the fact that after three years of reading you guys’ post and soaking in all of your advice/opinions, I finally got my first bow kill. Actually I’d say I’m still a rookie bow hunter with the worst deer hunting luck of anyone you’ll ever meet. Last Saturday at about 7pm nothing was happening, and I figured what the hell, I’ll throw out two grunts, maybe try to get a doe to be curious. Within thirty seconds two bucks came running right at me and I stopped this one at 40 yards. Long story short, I read a lot of threads and hardly ever comment, but your proactive advice doesn’t go unnoticed fellas!

Attachments

• C4770A59-F8E1-406F-96AE-213F2080ABCA.jpeg
    C4770A59-F8E1-406F-96AE-213F2080ABCA.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 395

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great deer! Congrats. You've broken the ice now. Don't be shy. Share some more details with us. We are like deer crack heads around here. We need our fix.

Lucky

Sunbury
Thats great... Good job on your deer. Youll be forever a bowhunter after that experience. Lot of good advice on here and everytime you hunt youll learn a little more each hunt. Congrats on your buck.