Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Barronett Blinds

Creamer

Athens
Any TOO'ers have any experience with Barronett Blinds? They make some pretty large pop-up ground blinds. Last year I hunted with my recurve from an old Ameristep that was too small/tight for that bow. I modified it by expanding a shooting window and putting it up on a wood frame, but it was less than ideal. Barronett sells blinds that could easily allow longer bows to be shot without modifying them, just never used one and don't know anybody who has. Looking for any TOO experience/opinions.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have a grounder 350. It's huge. Right now it's being used as a decontamination tent out back for any mail/ products that needs to come in the house. If that blind isnt big enough for what you need then you don't need a blind you need a building.

Creamer

Athens
I have a grounder 350. It's huge. Right now it's being used as a decontamination tent out back for any mail/ products that needs to come in the house. If that blind isnt big enough for what you need then you don't need a blind you need a building.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at the specs on that one, the footprint and hub-to-hub size is the same as the Big Cat I am looking into. I like the window options on the Big Cat.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have 2 350's and a Big Mike. I can shoot standing up in both, but I have to be mindful of my placement/orientation in the blind while shooting. For the money, they are worth the investment. Great for taking people along, especially kids.

Reactions: Creamer

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've got some leftover inventory of Barronett. Feel free to PM if interested. I have one Big Mike XL which is 84" interior height.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I have a Big Mike as well.

I've had it through three seasons and it's still in excellent condition. Very durable in all weather conditions, easy setup & takeout to the field and it has plenty of room for me to stand up with a compound bow in my hand.

Glad I bought when I did, which it was on sale at the time.

Worked very well in the areas that I had no other option, such as a good tree for a climber or hang-on.
20161109_134734.jpg
20161110_113817_001.jpg
Deer.jpg
20191213_123635.jpg
20191214_142307.jpg

I had one and it was a good blind. 2 things I didn't like about it is if you are wanting to sit and shoot a crossbow or gun out of it the windows are too high. Secondly being larger they are more likely to get gone with the wind which is that did mine in. However for standing and shooting a bow they are good and are well made.