Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beentowns Hunting Journal

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
This year I plan to add waterfowl and deer to this thread. Going to use it as a true journal. More of a talking out of plans, ups/downs, and to bounce ideas. Hopefully I will bring the camera more and use it (Curran is my hero).

Looks like the opener is going to be interrupted by work. It is a blessing for me to still be this busy so I will take it. Looks like Sunday evening may be my only chance to get out. Today was my day I had planned to put out a blind for our group to use and to dump some bait at the main stand I will start hunting from. That got trumped by life so I am going to try and switch card/bait tomorrow after work.

I have decided to practice "cold" shooting all this week since I got a problem ironed out at Milos (thanks man). I got home from work and will shoot at 30, 40 and 50 yards. One arrow from each distance with broadheads. Tonights results were great and I am feeling confident in that part.

30:

40:

50:

Had to shoot at the dried up sunflower head as my kill zone of the target is TOO shot up.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Had to shoot at the dried up sunflower head as my kill zone of the target is TOO shot up.

You could say that!:smiley_blackeye:

You might want to talk to santa about a new one this year. Looks like he just brought you the legs last year.

Nice shooting charles.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Good start to things with some pics. Keep at it buddy! Good shooting TOO. Hope you wack a doe this week. I

Going to try for a spoonhead in the AM. You heard that right folks...I ACTUALLY GET TO HUNT! I have worked 9 days straight 7a-7p (most days) trying to get caught up and was finally able to do it! Hunting tomorrow...woohoo!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck Charles. Think I am doing the same. Just havent mentioned it to my wife yet. I need a break and it is only Monday. Just finished working. Ridiculous.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hunted one of JohnR's spots for my first day of hunting. This is a hot spot but I carried my jinx monkey with me. All the deer were wanting to hang around John. He ended up harvesting a doe which was awesome. After he shot her two others were hanging around him. I tried to put the sneak on them and had a good opportunity. By the time I made it over to a place I could shoot they had worked out of the bean field. Great time none the less.

Deer seen: 4
Does: 4
Bucks: 0
Shot opportunites: 0
Time on stand: 4 hours
Morning hunts: 1
Evening hunts: 1

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Do you have video?

No, I was gonna video it, but they left before Charles got close enough for my phone. I kept bleating at them to hold them under me. The deer finely lost interest and I could not hold them any longer.
Charles needed to be about 2 minutes faster and I would have had a great video and story to share.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Made it out this morning. Ended up being later than expected because of high water everywhere. Almost needed waders. lol

Got into the stand at 6:30 and had a couple blowing at me by 6:45a.m. I don't know what they were blowing at as I was upwind of them and surely they didn't see me moving as I was pretty much asleep?!? Didn't see anything else all morning. Once out of the stand I checked a cam and saw a yote staring me down at 50-60 yards through the woods.

No evening hunt today.

Time on stand: 6.5 hours
Morning hunts: 2

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Made it out this morning. Ended up being later than expected because of high water everywhere. Almost needed waders. lol

Got into the stand at 6:30 and had a couple blowing at me by 6:45a.m. I don't know what they were blowing at as I was upwind of them and surely they didn't see me moving as I was pretty much asleep?!? Didn't see anything else all morning. Once out of the stand I checked a cam and saw a yote staring me down at 50-60 yards through the woods.

No evening hunt today.

Time on stand: 6.5 hours
Morning hunts: 2

Went out with JohnROH and had a doe bust ass by the stand at 60 yards and 60mph. Lol. Had an 90 inch, 8 point that is going to be a stud later hang around for a while. Is it bad that the geese flying overhead had my attention more than they should?

Deer seen: 6
Does: 5
Bucks: 1
Shot opportunities: 1
Time on stand: 9.5 hours
mornings: 2
Evenings: 2