Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bets on how much the deer gun harvest will be next week?

Stressless

Keene, OH
1.4" Monday, 1.9" Tuesday 10-15mph sustained throughout the deluge ..... damn happy I'm tagged out!

Maybe Mossy Oak will come out with a deer hunting snorkel. :poop:

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Buckkillr

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I'm guessing it will be down from last year. Based on the weather forecast. Not because there may possibly be less deer.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Depends where you’re at. It’s gonna be snowing in the northern half of the state. Weather forecast looks awesome in my opinion. I don’t know what the numbers will be, but if it’s down, it won’t be for a lack of deer. Local processor up here has done over 900 deer already. Archery hunter effort has been through the roof this season. If the gun harvest is down, it’s because more people already have a full freezer and/or no buck tag to use.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Do people use electrical tape to cover end of muzzleloader to be removed prior to shot? Asking for a friend...
Cut a finger off of a latex gloves and slide over end of barrel.... No need to remove, blows right off... I've shot several deer with it on... Even when it rains the night before I still have it on, because the leaves and branches are still wet when walking in... Even some water down the barrel from them could cost you a deer...

Reactions: OO2

Bigcountry40

Depends where you’re at. It’s gonna be snowing in the northern half of the state. Weather forecast looks awesome in my opinion. I don’t know what the numbers will be, but if it’s down, it won’t be for a lack of deer. Local processor up here has done over 900 deer already. Archery hunter effort has been through the roof this season. If the gun harvest is down, it’s because more people already have a full freezer and/or no buck tag to use.
I like this new archery trend, leaves me plenty of land and other peoples stand to sit in

Reactions: jagermeister

Bigcountry40

I don't. Forces way to many deer to go nocturnal. This is why the rut has become a myth.

Not calling Jim out, just talking in general. The shift of deer hunting...me no likie.
In all seriousness I would prefer it the same as u just mentioned, but I play the cards I'm dealt and make the best of it. I'm serious after Monday, the woods will empty until the weekend

Bowkills

Nw oh
I was hugging a tree stump last evening. Everyone shooting towards woods from their yards. I thought Joe Biden already sent troops to invade Ohio I heard so many shots. i believe combination of sighting in guns and nice evening to shoot. People are gearing up here. Wind is a negative but it will get people walking but not staying home. Snowy start to gun law even a chance for more for the weekend! all week cold! whatever tags people have up here will be getting used....I don't want to say prefect due to white outs possible but about the best forecast we've had in four years or so!