Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bowmar Buck 2018 Ohio Monster

rsmith

Surprised no one has posted this yet but if you guys remember the couple that got dropped by Under Armour a couple years ago for legally killing a bear with a spear, Josh and Sarah Bowmar, Josh just killed an absolute monster at their house I believe in Ohio. They have more pictures on their Bowmar Bowhunting page on Instagram and Facebook but here are a couple screen shots of this monster buck.

Just thought I would share because it cool it’s a Ohio local killing a monster and they got it all on film and will be releasing a video shortly of the history and full story of the hunt.

IMG_2633.jpg
IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

Cogz

Cogz
TX
If you must justify the shot, why tell the yardage? I think we know why of course...

Amazing buck. Has a little of everything. Congrats to him for executing in the moment of truth. Even more special to have it happen on your own land.
I had a couple reasons in mind for that but I imagine it is to market himself as a hunter/archer and market products as well?

Either way, amazing Ohio deer and congratulations to them!

Reactions: Concordmeadowsfarm

lung buster

hocking county
Awesome deer. I'm not getting the additional pics with the orange on though. I'm taking it as he shot it before gun week and then took the deer back out for additional pics...congrats to the fellow on a once in a lifetime deer that we all dream about!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I think its just the opposite, shot it during gun, took it back out the next morning for better pics. Like it said in his post. Also dont think he is pushing products. Possibly mentioned in the rest of the post that was cut off, but I dont think so.

Reactions: lung buster

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse, not following your first sentence...whatcha talking about Willis?

He immediately justified his 67 yard shot by saying he'd taken that shot 1,000 times. I can take that a few different ways. One is let it be known so we can be in awe of his archery prowess. It could be so he can sell products. Could be he knew it'd get asked and he'd get flamed if he ducked the question, and when he answered, so he just got it over with. None of those scenarios are real kosher with me. I'm on the fence about one, taking that long of a shot and two, on just tossing the yardage out there right off the bat.

Just my personal take on it. Regardless, he made the shot and good for him. I just see the whole thing as embodying what I've come to not like about whitetail hunting and the industry behind it.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Makes me think of a great AC/DC song when I hear about long shots

I've got big balls
I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls,
And she's got big balls,
But we've got the biggest balls of them all!

Reactions: aholdren

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with Jesse. I had the same reaction when I read his post about the yardage. Practiced 1000 times or a million, I don't think it's an ethical shot on a whitetail and I think he knows it too... Which is likely why he felt he needed to justify it.

I think it's obviously a great deer, and I wish this guy the best. But I've watched videos on his YouTube channel and I can't stand the dude. To me he comes off as douchey and fake, and epitomizes everything about the deer hunting industry that I hate.