Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Broadhead Injury!!!

I certainly hope everyone knows to NOT shoot groups with broadheads! 🚫

There are individual target dots on a broadhead target for a reason. Shooting each dot and hitting the center of the dot, is the same as shooting a group. All arrows are hitting the same Point Of Impact, just like they would if you were shooting for a group. :cool:💯(y)

I say this because I helped a guy that was shooting groups with broadheads, when one of the blades scored the shaft of one of the other arrows. He didn't notice it, until he shot that arrow and it splintered into his hand. I held his hand under running cold water, tried to get him to calm down a little and not pass out, until the EMS arrived to take him to the hospital. FORTUNATELY, he didn't lose any function in his hand. 😮 This happened at the old Wapak Archery Pro Shop, several years ago.

This is a photo (not his hand) of how it looked at the time. :rolleyes:
z hand.jpg

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Had a friend just getting into archery a few years ago that had a similar experience. I try to flex my arrows prior to every session and after I hit anything other than foam. Sometimes tapping the arrows on something hard can cause a rattling noise that means compromised carbon.

D22F33D8-2430-41E5-B354-05E44646CAC3.png
872B32D5-EA02-402C-AAB8-9EAABFFE2106.png