Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Building permits

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
How many counties in Ohio require no permits for building a house or other buildings? I know meigs doesn’t, do you still have to adhere to any kind of building codes? This seems like it would make it hard to find trustworthy contractors and jack holes.

Not many counties in North Carolina that I know of where there are no building permits required.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Yes you have to still have to abide by codes. For instance usually you still have to have electric inspected before they will cut the power over to the building.

Reactions: Mike

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I have no clue about which counties don’t require them though. In Tennessee where our cabin is it is same way. No permits and only inspection required is electric.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Washington County is governed under the Southeastern Ohio Building Department. I'll refrain from further comment given my personal opinion of their existence and "work", and my professional capacity. 🤐

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I would like to note that in very short order, our new board of County Commissioners have taken a step towards remedying some of the issues locals have been having with the SEOBD. It will be interesting to see who they hire as the next Director of that agency........

MrW5mUX.gif

Reactions: Big_Holla