Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bushnell HD Input??

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Hello everyone... quick question. I just bought a newer Game Cam. Bushnell HD unit.

I have 9 Stealth Prowlers that work well out to 20-30feet at night and well close to 40ish during day. I also have 4 WildgameIR4 have actually worked well only during day and maybe 20feet at night. So i use them over scrapes only.

How much better and how far should i expect the bushnell to work at night and will it perform during day at 70 feet lick they say???

Thanks for the info.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There are a lot of mixed reviews out there on the Bushnells. I'm one of the lucky people that got a good one I think. I have the regular TC 8mp and it's been an awesome cam for me. I've had a few 60+ feet triggers with it... But I don't know the true potential of it because most of my camera sets are relatively close-range. I would say your daytime should be as good, if not better, than my 8mp model. Night time IR range should be around 50 ft or so... unless it's the blackout version, which may reduce IR range some.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Thanks for the info. I read the trailcampro befor ei bought it and decided to go with it... I just put it out Saturday.. the da time trigger is no where near the 60+ feet. Im guessing maybe 30 feet make. So im giving it a try for a couple of weeks and see what happens.. if not, it goes back to Cabelas and I'l buy a couple of Prowler XT's instead and just have more cams positioned rather then expecting better and paying 2x or more for something that doenst work to the advertised ranges.