Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cabelas Stand extreme insulated coveralls

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
After seeing the good review by another TOO forum member I ordered a pair. My other Cabelas insulated coveralls are almost 25 yrs. old. But they have served me good thoughout out the years. They been to Alaska for bear, Canada for bear, WY for elk, CO for elk and every year here in Ohio for deer. Plus I wear them around the farm. They have no wear problems what so ever except 2 spots were I melted them getting too close to a heater.
But I thought it was time to up grade.

My impression of the new coveralls as I tried them out today.
1. Very well made and weighs 10.5 lbs..
2. I like the extra insulation in the body core area and seat area.
3. The mid-thigh leg zippers are nice, the hood works good, the 5 zippered pockets are OK. And the snapped on hand warmer muff is really nice as you can install a handwarmer unit.
4. Since I'm 5-10 and weigh 230 I bought the XL size.
5. I must say the XL size is the smallest XL sized coveralls I've ever had.
6. If I hadn't lost 25 lbs. this year I wouldn't have been able to zip it up.
It fits like a very tight glove. I doubled checked the sizing to make sure the tag was wrong. It wasn't.
7. I only had on light weight insulators, work pants, denim shirt and a light dress sweater.

If they would have a XXL size I would sent it back for a exchange. But XL is the largest they have.

Overall I'm impressed with the unit. I sat out back on my overlook today and had 15-20 MPH wind on my back with no problem. A friend came and I'm about 75 yds. from the house and I didn't hear him and he left after shoveling my front sidewalk. I also didn't hear my phone ring in my pants pocket.

If anyone is thinking of buying these coveralls I would recommend going to the store and try them on of you are close by.

Huckleberry Finn

I'd call 'em and see what they would do for you to get an XL...I have noticed that their stuff is starting to run small (or I need to keep losing weight)

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I got an XXL in this coverall. They do make them but maybe its not showing that size online. I'd give them a call and see if they can get you one. Worth a try.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I really like their stand hunter bibs as you are not as restricted the way coveralls are.When I was shooting a compound I would wear a woolimate pullover and jacket with it and it never got in the way of my string.Now that I am using a crossbow I use their stand hunter parka and man is that setup nice as I never get cold.It is pricey but the best outfit out there.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
After 4 years next month of using this cold weather coveralls I ran into a serious problem. But I couldn't couldn't use it the last 2 winters. Due to my MS and getting older I'm loosing some strength in my arms and no longer could get my arm around to put the into the sleeve to put the coveralls on. My wife had to help me put it on but I thought if in case of a emergency in the field I couldn't take it off. Not good.

I was shopping at the West Chester Cabelas this summer and talked to Customer Service Rep and they would exchange for a larger size. It was out of stock due to summer stock so they told me to keep checking stock on line and when in stock come back for a exchange.

I checked on line this week and it was back in stock. I took it back to the store today. Be damn but for almost 1 hour they could not find where I purchased it on line. Finally she went to the Service Manager and he OK'd a replacement in a larger size without a receipt..
When I bought is on line it was a closeout special at 199.99 and today's regular price is 439.99. I expected to pay the difference by no there was no extra charge.
Then the Manager explained there is only a 90 day refund Policy but they were making a special exception in this case. I attempted to have them ship it to the store to save them shipping expense and I would pick it up but their policy at Christmas time is free shipping.

I thanked everyone and wished them a Merry Christmas as they just made mine merry.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Always seem to have good luck with Cabelas merchandise, only had one incident where they were slow pulling and shipping. And got a gift card after that transaction was brought to their attention.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I love Caleb’s have always had great service and products are good quality. I am worried about Johnny Morris cheapening up the products. They told me they were open on Thanksgiving this year for the first time ever.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The doorbell rang this morning and it was UPS delivering my new coveralls. I was at the store less than 2 days ago. No new email stating it was shipped. Now that's excellent service. Hopefully it will continue with the new merger with Bass Pro.
It will be too warm to use it this weekend but I will for some winter coyote hunting.