Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Survey/ Orginization

at1010

*Supporting Member*
How do you all store pictures after you look at them?

Last year I kept all unique bucks in one folder so I could keep track of how many different bucks I had on camera in one year. I have done it by year, etc.

What do you all do, Im sure my way is not nearly the best

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I create a folder for each spot. Hill, creek, road etc. inside that folder I create a folder named the date of the camera check. 7-12, 7-19. Etc. then I copy every picture from the sd card to that folder. If its a buck I click create copy in windows picture viewer and name it "Tall8-1. Tall8-2. This allows me to locate pictures of bucks in that folder fast while still keeping all the pictures together by site and date.

Similar to Joe I make up my folders by location and put sub folders with the date of the camera check. As I go through them I use Windows Photo Viewer to go through them. The first time through I delete any pics that are of squirrel, coons, etc. unless they are doing something cool and also delete partial deer, blurry deer, etc. . As I go through them if I run across a picture that is good I will Rate it and maybe even Tag it if it's a buck I know or what ever it is that's going on in the picture. That makes it so much easier to find the pics I want to upload from Windows Explorer to Photo Bucket rather than writing numbers down and second guessing which pics are which. I will hold on to the majority of the pictures for a while but at some point I will then delete everything but the Tagged and Rated pictures.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Suppose I can elaborate on my method of organization as opposed to storage like I did in the other thread. Like the others, I use a system of folders. I start with a generic "Trail Camera Pics" folder and then have a folder for each year. For each year, I have them broken down by month. In the month folder, I will sometimes make specific folders based on where the cams were hung. I also make specific folders for bucks I am targeting. I have a folder for "Potential Shooters", "Classics", and "Misc. Animals".

at1010

*Supporting Member*
thanks for all the tips guys!

Jesse your name really through me off good thing I recognized your sig!