Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camo Skinz

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I purchased my Panasonic video camera last year from Cambell Cameras. I bought it with the "turkey package". This package included some Camo Skinz for the camera. It took me about 9months, but I finally got around to putting the skinz on the camera last weekend prior to turkey season opening day.

Cost: Part of the package I bought, but generally they are pretty reasonably priced.

Ease of use: I foolishly assumed these were preformed for the specific camera you bought. I figured it would be like the decals which came with model cars we put together when we were kids. Not at all how it works. You get a couple of sheets of camo sticky papers. You will have to cut the camo to size and place it on your camera yourself. It can be done, but does require some effort.

I should note, there "may" be some packages which are precut for specific cameras. The one I received came in sheets. I should also add, it cuts easily and is not difficult to work with.

Durability: Yet to be tested. I have only had this on the camera for a week and it hasn't fallen off yet. This is one thing I am curious about. Hopefully I do not have to worry about it peeling off for the life of the camera.

Functionality: I will let you judge for yourself. I feel it does well to conceal the shiny part of the camera. Not sure what I can do about the lens other than a lens hood, but for the shiny black and silver parts of the camera I feel it does very well at concealing it.

Attachments

• camo vidcam.jpg
    camo vidcam.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 234

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I got the skins for my Go Pro and my camera and they seem to be holding up pretty well so far

I've been kicking the idea around of selling my camera and going with something smaller, similar to yours, and a go pro or two. It would be a heck of a lot easier to pack something like yours in, and I could get away with a smaller camera arm and fluid head also.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Greg- mine is what I felt was the best camera for the money prior to going up to something like yours. Full HD with the possibility of going 3D. Seems to be the next wave, so I figured it wouldn't be outdated quite as quickly. Very impressed with the camera so far and in the $800 range.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks good Phil. Been wanting to do this to my camera also, just haven't taken the time to find some skins.

I am pretty sure Cambell Camera sells them individually from their package deals as well. I am sure you could find them elsewhere too, but if you are considering selling that might not be a great idea.