Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chadron.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Aka Thistle. Cut the center stalk before it flowers. Skin, slice, and put in some vinegar and chachere's or slap yo mama.. Like a sweet celery with a kick.

16473101_2353428948129996_3299236636913131227_n.jpg

20220403_110755.jpg

20220403_111156.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Every time I see the thread title, my eyes & brain reads it as Chardon.....and I wonder why CJ is talking about Chardon lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That is odd timing, I just saw a video last week of a Lousiansa guy talking about this exact plant! Very cool!

Tis the season. Some people like it in a vinegar like I did. Some like them with just salt and pepper. I'm not a huge celery fan but I do like relishes so I go the vinegar route and put them in things like tuna salad and fish tacos. Some freeze them and substitute the celery in anything that calls for trinity.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Minced Chadron would be awesome in baked beans. 😉

Thistle has been on my bucket list of wild edibles for a while. motivated to get some now. 👍🏻
Shit grows like crazy down here. Some areas on the interstate is loated! Yeah I spelled it like that. Plenty of pastures have it along around any ditch line. I seen it on tic tok and thought it was cool. Although I love celery flavor, I can’t stand celery stalks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Shit grows like crazy down here. Some areas on the interstate is loated! Yeah I spelled it like that. Plenty of pastures have it along around any ditch line. I seen it on tic tok and thought it was cool. Although I love celery flavor, I can’t stand celery stalks.

Grows like a weed. 😅