Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chair for hunting blind?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ok I’ve been using the fold up camp chairs up too this point. They’re ok, but seem a little noisy for my liking. Anyone using something different that’s comfortable, swivels and doesn’t make noise?

Reactions: OO2

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Here's what I use 'J' since 2018. I really like the chair with no arm rests. Less chance of problems without them IMHO. I also purchased the insulated cover for it as well, which is black in color and makes the chair disappear in the dark inside the blind when closed up for the day.

20191213_124936.jpg

Good luck in finding a good, quiet and comfortable chair.

SmartSelect_20220824-111856_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I have an old chair marketed for hunting but it has a design flaw where mice get in behind the back rest where the fabric slides over the frame. They still make those types so beware of that. I wish I had known that before buying mine.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I use one like Denny posted when hunting in a pop up blind….but you can get them for under $100 if you shop around. For permanent blinds, I use office chairs that you can get cheap at yard sales or auctions.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
167 ??? Forget that. Lol

Must be the Brandon effect...

To be absolutely clear, Kevin, that's NOT what I paid for the chair back then. Just cared to share the brand and type of chair that I use inside my blind. If there are better options out there at a better cost, then so be it!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220824-113847_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220824-113847_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: bowhunter1023

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Everything is up hunting related. Been looking at a couple ladder stands to get and man you can't find one with a larger platform and over 18 ft. for under $150. The 22 ft. one's we got a couple years ago were much less than that, now over $200.
Yeah things are sky high….

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I was merely shocked at the sticker price since I bought my 2nd last summer for $79 or so

Trust me, I was shocked too when I first looked it up today.

@"J" - The chair comes with a detachable shoulder strap as well. When I use my pop-up ground blind, it's usually for a few days at a time, then I break it down and put it away as soon as I'm done with it. The shoulder straps is super durable with a comfortable adjustable pad on it that settles right on top of the shoulder while carrying the chair. I never found it to be difficult at all while hiking out with the blind and chair strapped on my back and my compound bow in my hands with a arrow knocked, ready to rock-n-roll at a moments notice.

Reactions: "J"