Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chardon HS Shooting

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Sure wish they would allow teachers to carry.... one of my fears as my wife walks out the door every morning and heading to school. Hate to hear that!

Buckmaster

Portage
My wife teaches 5th grade here in NE Ohio in one the "semi-hood" schools. She told me that she envisions herself killed at school someday by a mad student or parent. Sounds like any one can enter the school at any given time, roam the halls, and exit the school without any security or intervention.

I finished up high school 23 years ago and never heard of this stuff until Columbine in 1999. Society going nuts.

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
My wife teaches 5th grade here in NE Ohio in one the "semi-hood" schools. She told me that she envisions herself killed at school someday by a mad student or parent. Sounds like any one can enter the school at any given time, roam the halls, and exit the school without any security or intervention.

I finished up high school 23 years ago and never heard of this stuff until Combine in 1999. Society going nuts.

You got that right dude, some of the parents are worse than the kids.

Buckmaster

Portage
Some of the parents are worse than the kids.

Both the kids and parents have more rights today than teachers or adminstrators whether the parents are working (tax paying citizens) or tax sucking non-working. The system seems ass backwards today.

I remember in 2nd grade it was a Tuesday, back then it was "Toes Day". Friday was "Flip up day". Anyone remember those days?

Anyways, I went up to the teacher and asked her what day it was. She replied, "Tuesday". I said, " No, Mrs. B., It's "Toes Day"" as I stomped on her toes with my foot.
She abruptly slapped me across the face with her hand. Surpised and shocked I quickly regained my composure and quietly went back to my seat. I don't ever think I told my parents about that. Times have changed in the last 20-30 years.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Both the kids and parents have more rights today than teachers or adminstrators whether the parents are working (tax paying citizens) or tax sucking non-working. The system seems ass backwards today.

I remember in 2nd grade it was a Tuesday, back then it was "Toes Day". Friday was "Flip up day". Anyone remember those days?

Anyways, I went up to the teacher and asked her what day it was. She replied, "Tuesday". I said, " No, Mrs. B., It's "Toes Day"" as I stomped on her toes with my foot.
She abruptly slapped me across the face with her hand. Surpised and shocked I quickly regained my composure and quietly went back to my seat. I don't ever think I told my parents about that. Times have changed in the last 20-30 years.

I was in elementary school and me and a couple of friends decided to slide down the hallway. My 1st grade teacher seen us and promptly marched us down to the office and proceeded to use the paddle on our backsides. My how times have changed. Now teachers aren't even allowed to look cross eyed at a kid in class. Kids now can pretty much do whatever the hell they want. Punishment in schools are about a joke. Out of school suspension....ALRIGHT FREE DAYS OFF SCHOOL that I didn't really want to be at anyway lol.

matt hougan

Dayton area
My nephew is a junior at that school. My brother and SIL were obviously pretty freaked out. Luckily my nephew had his cell phone. Sent a tet telling his dad he was ok. My brother said he broke every traffic law getting to the school.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have a friend that lives in Chardon and she just emailed me telling 3 are now dead. WTF???? And the kid posted it on Twitter he was coming to school with a gun the night before.

Just got this from a friend:

3 dead, 1 paralyzed, a girl shot on the butt.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
All this stuff started when they took the paddles out of school. All the Do-Rights should be proud of themselves now. I got my Azz beat and then again when I got home.......Sorta learned what could and could not be done in a hurry.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hell, I got my ass beat for break dancing in the restroom back in the 5th garde. I was in the middle of a mad backspin and in walked the principal. He cracked me and my teacher drug me down the hall by my ear. I never did shit in school again after that.

If I even get in the face of a kid and yell nowadays I have to worry that mommy or daddy will come in.

I had a kid last year who was a complete whiner about everything and was nthing but trouble. He complained to his mom that the math teacher was too mean and she demanded him be pulled out (she was an old crack whore). He started popping off to me one day and I went nuts (it takes a lot to set me off) screaming and he's breaking down. My last words were, "now go home and cry to mommy and have her pull you out my class."
Ok, maybe a bad teacher moment, but he had it coming. So... the next day she calls and asks to speak to me. I get on the phone and she says she doesn't appreciate the way I talked to her son and I should apologize. At that point I lost it. This kid was so disrespectful and beligerent and I'm supposed to apologize? I proceeded to tell he there was no way I would be apologizing and I told her she was the root of the problem for always defending him. We get into a shouting match on the phone and my principal is sitting there laughng his ass off at me. This lady was a legend around town so he knew where it was coming from. Finally, after more choice words, she apologized and said she would take care of the matters at home.

Most of the time nobody stands up to the parenst and then little Johnny gets away with everything. F That! If I'm right, I ain't playing that politically correct "the customer is always right" horsecrap. When I got nailed breakdancing (yes, I sucked at it) I didn't run home and tell my parents. Cripe, I would've got it there too!

Most of these kids need a good ass whoopin'. PERIOD!

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
On the flip side, I can't believe this crap happens. Our high school is so unsafe. Kids have to go outside from builidng to building for classes because we have a regular building and portables. There is no way to lock the doors once all the kids are inside. A mad man could be out in the parking lot and take out a large population.
Hopefully, we get the levy passed for a new HS building. It's coming in March and we need it bad. Our current HS was built in 1950 and is just a disaster waiting to happen.