Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Charles Daly 45 cal muzzleloader

Lundy

Does anyone still shoot the traditional Hawkins style muzzleloaders?

Here is a gun that hasn't been shot in 30 years, I think my father purchased it in the late 70's, very clean, bore looks good to me, gun in good condition. One of the Charles Daly made in Italy. It has a hard chrome lined barrel, I guess it was to help reduce corrosion, seems to have worked as intended. I don't know the barrel twist, Just a nice looking gun in good shape for someone that wants a traditional Hawkins style gun.

This would not be a good gun for Giles to hunt with. His poor wife would starve waiting on daddy to bring home the meat, and he probably wouldn't kill a deer either.

$125 Grove City, Ohio

thumbnail (15).jpg
thumbnail (16).jpg
thumbnail (17).jpg
thumbnail (18).jpg
thumbnail (19).jpg

Buckmaster

Portage
I’ve got a 4 Power Charles Daly scope to match Dave. Maybe you can shoot something with confidence with a match setup combo.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Does anyone still shoot the traditional Hawkins style muzzleloaders?

Here is a gun that hasn't been shot in 30 years, I think my father purchased it in the late 70's, very clean, bore looks good to me, gun in good condition. One of the Charles Daly made in Italy. It has a hard chrome lined barrel, I guess it was to help reduce corrosion, seems to have worked as intended. I don't know the barrel twist, Just a nice looking gun in good shape for someone that wants a traditional Hawkins style gun.

This would not be a good gun for Giles to hunt with. His poor wife would starve waiting on daddy to bring home the meat, and he probably wouldn't kill a deer either.

$125 Grove City, Ohio

View attachment 121804View attachment 121805View attachment 121806View attachment 121807View attachment 121808
Interested. Standby