Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Clearing out the cams

Schu72

Streetsboro
Here are a few pics from a camera I set up for my Mom. She wanted a pseudo security camera watching the driveway when they winter in Florida. Here are a few visitors that showed up.

Attachments

• PICT0436.jpg
    PICT0436.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 196
  • PICT0426.jpg
    PICT0426.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 215
  • PICT0249.jpg
    PICT0249.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 221
  • PICT0096.jpg
    PICT0096.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 228

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Good stuff Scott!

Insert Jessie/Hucks quote on me and suburban deer.....

Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Funny stuff Sean! Great pics Scott! Nice buck thats evidently found a home. Sheds prolly not to far away, thats if he's dropped them yet. Thanks for sharing.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I really don't know why so many deer are drawn to this property. I wish I could post a map without giving away my honey hole to the entire world. Kind of funny that I refer to this as my honey hole. I've killed all of one deer on it! LOL! Anyway...it probably is somewhat suburban, but less than I think you'd imagine. There is a ton of farmland surrounding this property, but the deer love to hit this little 17 acre patch and are not shy about coming up to the house. There are no feeders or bait piles, just Mom's landscape!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I miss having a good suburban spot. We used to have doe day where we would shot them from the porch with bows while eating breakfast.

I have a "friend" that shoots a stud evey year (140 plus). He always gave me crap saying how great of a hunter he was. The property he hunted had the only cornfield in that part of Westerville backed up to it. His inlaws sold the property and the guy hasn't had a deer in bow range for three years as he has been back to hunting farm country.

I am not a big buck hunter but I don't shot little ones either. I enjoy seeing lots of animals and that is what suburban hunting is all about to me.

Schu hold on to that place because they are gold mines IMHO.

Schu72

Streetsboro
They were talking about selling it this winter, it gave me a huge knot in my stomach. I think that idea has passed, but time will tell. They have dumped so much cash into this place that they will never recoup their money. Originally, the property was 7 acres with an old home on it. The bulldozed the house and started from scratch. Then any property that came up for sale that bordered theirs, they bought, one of which also had a house that they bulldozed. Now they have 16-17 acres and so much landscape they can hardly keep up with it. I'm over 2 hours away and can't offer much assistance.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Shoot I would take a weekend and get the spring landscaping done and then do the fall cleanup another to keep a good suburban place.

Heck hire Hicks he will do it!