Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Clinch River Trout Fishin' Trip

hunna771

My friend Zak W. and his dad invited me to go on a fishing trip with them to Tennessee. I said yess for sure! My parents gave me the O.K. and i was good to go! I'm in the hotel as i type right now if you wondered lol. We bought our licenses today and bought some last minute things at the Walmart just down the road from the motel, and lemme tell ya, that walmart is the bomb. Guns, knives, bullets, EVERYTHING. After we were all unpacked we drove around and scoped out some spots. We're in Clinton and we're fishin' on the Clinch River. Its crystal clear. Zak and i plan on gettin up around 5 a.m. tomorrow and wading in the river and flyfish for some trout. After that his dad and his friend are meeting up with Zak and i with the boat and from there on out we'll use open reels and fish for 'em out of the boat. We're stayin' for a whole week. I'm freakin' stoked! I'll try to take some pics and make a video... I'll try to keep ya guys posted too! :smiley_bril: :pickle:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Hey if you have a hard time getting them try throwing a gulp minnow in the 2-1/2" size on a 1/16 oz jig head..... good luck Hunter!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tell ya what... Those southern Walmarts always have some kick ass outdoors sections. The damn yankee walmarts up here need to get their shit together.

hunna771

Well, me and Zak got skunked, but his dad and his dads friend Herman did pretty good. They caught 12 fish, a combination of: rainbow, brooke and brown trout. Zak and i flyfished the morning and regular fished the afternoon. Herman said this is the worst fishing he's had in a long time... here's a few pics i took. I took way more but i can't post them all at the same time, lol.
IMG_0994.JPG Our cleaning station... in the hotel bathroom...:smiley_clap:
IMG_0979.JPG Clinch River
IMG_0990.JPG Zak and I in the bathroom cleaning the fish. LMAO rotflmao
IMG_0976.JPGIt was super foggy all day, but it was really cool. The water temp was 46 degrees!
IMG_0988.JPG The boat we took! :pickle::smiley_bril:

hunna771

Day 2: We got up early again and caught 7 fish. Zak caught 2 and i caught 2. And 3 between Zaks dad and Herman. Really bad weather was moving into Clinton so we packed our stuff, checked out of the hotel and headed to Gatlinburg. We thought staying here we would avoid most of the bad weather. We got our hotel in Gatlinburg and theres a river/ creek within spitting distance from our hotel. They stock it with trout every Thursday! Zaka and I went down there with our fly rods and i caught 1 rainbow trout and nothin for him. It started to rain pretty hard so we went back to the hotel.

Day 3: We got up around 6:30 and walked down to the creek and started flyfishing again. I caught a weird fish and after some research on Google, its a pink cheeked, orange finned, rainbow creek chub. It was a cool lookin' fish! I also caught 1 really dark rainbow trout and Zak caught 1, too. We went and got breakfast, got Zaks dad up and we went to some streams that had native trout in them. I had one on but it popped the hook and then it started pouring rain so we left and are now watchin' tv in our hotel room. That rain kinda ruins everything haha. Hopefully it won't rain all week...

IMG_1012.JPG
Zak on the boat.
fish1.jpg
Pink cheeked chub i caught.
IMG_1031.JPG
Mountain view from our hotel balcony.
IMG_1009.JPG
On the boat...
IMG_1029.JPG
Mountains again.
IMG_1002.JPG
River!
IMG_1003.JPG
The boat in the fog on the Clinch...

The Clinch River is super foggy by the way haha!:smiley_bril:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks like a great time, Hunter! I'm counting the days till I get a pike or two to shred the flies you tied!