Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cool Story Bro

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
This story might seem a little far fetched, but let me assure you I am not a bullshitter and it is completely true.

Last week our regular group of 5 guys were down in North Central Ohio turkey hunting. As you may recall, on opening day Monday, the winds were blowing like a son of a bitch.

Well, my buddy Jordan was set up along the edge of some large pine trees overlooking a corn stubble field and had some decoys set up out in front. About 9 o'clock he hadn't seen a bird yet and started to doze off in the morning sunlight. About 9:15 he wakes up and realizes there are 2 nice Toms strutting into his decoy setup. Long story short he kills one of the toms at 36 yards.

Well, he got up and walked out to get his bird. He looked it over and was putting his temporary tag on the bird and heard a loud cracking sound. He turned around and saw a very large pine tree toppling over right next to where he just had been sitting! Had he not been out there with his turkey this might have ended very badly.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That could cause a severe case of premature excrement evacuation. Glad your buddy killed the bird when he did.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lord works in mysterious ways. Could have been anything. Could have been a bird land on his shoulder or a mosquito. Either way, I guess it wasn't his time. You just never know. That is crazy though!