Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coop farms

I contacted Ohio dnr about finding lands for lease and thus was the response.
Thank you for the email. Unfortunately we don’t get involved with hunting leases; they are a civil matter. However, I can offer a list of land owners who participate in the cooperative program (open their private land for people to hunt). Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance.
Its a bunch if farms and stuff for the whole state

I'd be very interested in seeing how that goes as well. I'm sure there are some diamonds in the rough there, as well as some super overhunted properties. You catch a property that's on its first year of it and you may be able to lock it up with a lease. Beats the hell out of my 30 or so letters looking for permission on tracts around here every for deer and ducks 🤣

Reactions: dustysullivan05

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Tried that route years ago only to find out the landowners near me were only on the list to satisfy the ODNR so they could get crop damage permits. They would play the "look we opened it up to people and we still have a problem. We need more damage permits" I would call or stop by and they wouldn't allow anybody to hunt their places.

I'm sure there are a few sprinkled in the pages and pages that will let you. Good luck. Let us know how you did with it.

Stressless

Keene, OH
This is what I found:

QUesTions AnD AnsWers
Q. To take part in this project, how much land must a landowner control? A. Any single farm unit 30 acres or larger, or one with special prob-lems.

Q. If I want to take part, or learn more about the project, what should I do? A. Contact the local wildlife officer, or the Wildlife District office:

District 1 – 1500 Dublin Road, Columbus 43215 (614) 644-3925
District 2 – 952 Lima Avenue, Findlay 45840 (419) 424-5000
District 3 – 912 Portage Lakes Drive, Akron 44319 (330) 644-2293
District 4 – 360 East State Street, Athens 45701 (740) 594-2211
District 5 – 1076 Old Springfield Pike, 45835 (937) 372-9261

The Ohio Cooperative Hunting Program in PDF

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I remember years ago they tried to launch a website where hunters and farmers could sign up and the dnr would play matchmaker. It only lasted about a year after some vastly disproportionate numbers signed up. Seriously it was something like 20,000 hunters and 30 farmers.

Bigcountry40

Tried that route years ago only to find out the landowners near me were only on the list to satisfy the ODNR so they could get crop damage permits. They would play the "look we opened it up to people and we still have a problem. We need more damage permits" I would call or stop by and they wouldn't allow anybody to hunt their places.

I'm sure there are a few sprinkled in the pages and pages that will let you. Good luck. Let us know how you did with it.
Same for me

Bigcountry40

I remember years ago they tried to launch a website where hunters and farmers could sign up and the dnr would play matchmaker. It only lasted about a year after some vastly disproportionate numbers signed up. Seriously it was something like 20,000 hunters and 30 farmers.
Should do drawings/lottery through the state