Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Corn prices 2013

Buckmaster

Portage
What is the going rate for bagged corn prices this year? Any deals out there?
Here in Portage they are still in last year's mindset; "Shortage".
By looking at the fields there seems to be an excess to me.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
we have one mill close too us selling it for 9 bucks a bag. the other one that is close too us is 11.50 a bag. but i got a good deal on a hole truck load. my buddy drives truck and was at the marengo truck stop he called me and said a farmer was hauling corn and spilt some in the parking lot, and they said we could have it so they didnt have too clean it up. so after work me and my brother went up there and shoveld corn into our trucks we got about a truck and a half, so i should have enough too last awhile.

Attachments

• corn.jpg
    corn.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 254

Buckmaster

Portage
Guess I don't feel too bad. Last week I paid $ 8.00 for 50#. I bought 1,500#.

I do have a number for someone selling "bushel corn" for $ 4.00 per bag. I need to investigate this lead.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
May not be a shortage in the local market but the midwest has had all the heat and drought this summer and driving the markets up. I know a guy that is trucking Hay out there for over 5.50 a bale (2nd cuttings) and the buyer is paying shipping.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't bring myself to do it. I bought 2 or 3 bags last year because my then 8yr old was begging me to keep taking him out during the late season. I couldn't deny the young man with a desire to hunt in the bitter cold. With all the corn fields around here I can't buy enough corn to compete. Fortunately we have close to 30acres planted this year and we are not picking it until the end of the season. Hopefully the ground is frozen the second week or so in February. lmao

Buckmaster

Portage
I have about 38 empty bags gathered up and borrowing my Dad's truck. I'm picking some up for my buddy and I (he's out of town). Any TOO's needing corn in the Ashtabula area I'll be headed up around 2:30 tomorrow following football practice. I can meet you there and we can assist each other in loading. $ 4.00/ per 56# shelled, self serve.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dad found some old bags we had last year. I'll sort out the ones with mouse holes tonight to get a good count.

The bags with mouse holes just tie a string around the hole to close it. Just don't throw them to hard when full or they will pobb off.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have about 38 empty bags gathered up and borrowing my Dad's truck. I'm picking some up for my buddy and I (he's out of town). Any TOO's needing corn in the Ashtabula area I'll be headed up around 2:30 tomorrow following football practice. I can meet you there and we can assist each other in loading. $ 4.00/ per 56# shelled, self serve.

Hell of an offer. Wish I was closer!

Buckmaster

Portage
Last Saturday I picked up another 1,500# of corn for $ 120.00. Self load.
Comes out to $ 8/per 100#.
If anyone wants to take a trip to Ashtabula and make a pickup let me know and I can give you the farmer's phone number.
You will need to take your own bags and ties. They weigh each bag for you.