Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Damn Bear Got My Camera...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So yesterday I went to check a camera where I was chasing a decent buck last year... As I approach the camera I see it hanging upside down... It was about 6 ft up and when I mount them I always tighten the wingnut up with a pair of pliers... So I turn it right side up to open it to see if sd card is in it... Water comes pouring out and you can see the water in it through the viewing glass... Sd card is there... Now this was a Browning Dark Ops camera which took great pics... My favorite camera... Got home and viewed the SD card to find a bear approaching it, standing up then camera spins around... All three pics had a time stamp for the same exact time.... What really pissed me off was that this occured the very next morning after I put camera out back on Aug 9 th. So a over a month went by without any intel...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
So yesterday I went to check a camera where I was chasing a decent buck last year... As I approach the camera I see it hanging upside down... It was about 6 ft up and when I mount them I always tighten the wingnut up with a pair of pliers... So I turn it right side up to open it to see if sd card is in it... Water comes pouring out and you can see the water in it through the viewing glass... Sd card is there... Now this was a Browning Dark Ops camera which took great pics... My favorite camera... Got home and viewed the SD card to find a bear approaching it, standing up then camera spins around... All three pics had a time stamp for the same exact time.... What really pissed me off was that this occured the very next morning after I put camera out back on Aug 9 th. So a over a month went by without any intel...
Buck probably paid bear too do that….

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
FCA5E3A1-B7A6-456B-B5C0-147CDBB0CA96.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
:unsure: or maybe that bear just didn't take kindly to having his picture taken against without his permission...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Our governor.... I'm afraid we will get another 4 years of him... First class A/H... Fish and Game this week put a proposal for an emergency bear hunt on his desk... He said no way will you hunt bears while I'm in office...

George I will definitely put next camera in a lock box...

I also called Browning and they said cameras DEFINATELY will get water in them if upside down....

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
Gut shot works wonders. Or a bunch of Brillo soaked in bacon grease. Fuck a bear!
Nick, I used to think bears were so neat... Now they are becoming a real PIA... Everywhere you go lately you bump into bears... They destroy stuff and eat newborn fawns... Too bad there wasn't some form of EHD that bears got...