Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer permits

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I know when I buy my license in the spring and get a turkey permit, I’ve asked about buying a deer permit also so I wouldn’t have to make another stop in the fall to get it and was told the deer permits weren’t available yet. Don’t know if that is any different for residents. This is during a normal year...this year they stopped selling non resident licenses and permits because of the virus. Hopefully everything is back to normal by the fall, but who knows.

Reactions: Big_Holla
They opened back up nonresident sales over a week ago. My question was when do the deer permits for this fall go on sale. With the virus crap I want to purchase them as soon as they do in case the virus comes back around and they shut down sales again.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They opened back up nonresident sales over a week ago. My question was when do the deer permits for this fall go on sale. With the virus crap I want to purchase them as soon as they do in case the virus comes back around and they shut down sales again.
Have you checked too see if you can purchase them online?

Does anyone actually buy a license in Ohio. Lol. Deer permits aren’t available when the hunting licenses go on sale in February. At some point during the summer they become available for purchase. I am trying to determine approximately when that is. Ordinarily it isn’t a big deal but this year I want to purchase right away with the covid crap.

Reactions: jagermeister

Fletch

Supporting Member
Usually don't apply for my Illinois permits till almost the deadline, which is June 30th... However a little birdie said to do it early this year cause there is the chance they could limit permits this year cause of the virus.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Does anyone actually buy a license in Ohio. Lol. Deer permits aren’t available when the hunting licenses go on sale in February. At some point during the summer they become available for purchase. I am trying to determine approximately when that is. Ordinarily it isn’t a big deal but this year I want to purchase right away with the covid crap.

I buy them every year. About 10pm the night before opening morning when I say "Shit I gotta buy a tag" 😅 I guarantee you I won't even know where my licenses is by opening day and I'll have to reprint it.

Cogz

Cogz
TX
I buy them every year. About 10pm the night before opening morning when I say "Shit I gotta buy a tag" 😅 I guarantee you I won't even know where my licenses is by opening day and I'll have to reprint it.
Is it legal to screenshot it on your phone? That’s what I used to do with my license and even my tags.