Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer processing scammers busted

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wow
I was not a fan of how the article was written, hard to follow imo. Looking forward to further coverage.

Agreed. Some third-grade journalism right there. It didn't even mention what they did to rack up the charges. I'm guessing they were poaching deer and stealing meat from customers' deer to sell more snacks like summer sausage etc.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A little more info

Thanks. Yep there it is.

Screenshot_20221109-080352_Chrome.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I haven't got a deer processed in forever. How much does summer sausage cost and what does one typically weigh now?

Reactions: Stressless

SNIPERBBB

Se ohio
Thanks. Yep there it is.

View attachment 165798

Original indictment story

Reactions: giles

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Got a batch last year. The sticks average four pounds. Got a small batch that was like three and a half sticks for just under fifty bucks last season.
I haven't got a deer processed in forever. How much does summer sausage cost and what does one typically weigh now?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Got a batch last year. The sticks average four pounds. Got a small batch that was like three and a half sticks for just under fifty bucks last season.

So for 2,000 lbs of poached and stolen meat they made at best 500 sticks. If they sold them at $18 each they at best made $10,000 grand from their criminal enterprise. Dumbasses caught 122 charges and felonies for 10 grand that they had to split it 14 ways. 😅. Plus they lost tens of thousands of dollars in equipment and stuff, a business, and have to pay over 70k in restitution. Somebody call the stupid criminals people.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Is there potential for a class action lawsuit for anyone who took deer to be processed there during that time period?