Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Diablo 2015 sheds

Diablo54

Outside
As most of you know I got a pup in June. We have been training for shed hunting since day one. I honestly didn't think there was going to be much too it. But I learned how wrong I was when he wouldn't pick up a shed antler if he didn't see me throw it. About a month ago I felt he was ready for the real thing. Today we went out and I spotted this one before him but after getting him in the right area and downwind he picked it up and dropped it at my feet. I was worried about what he would do with a antler with no scent but the deers. He proved that he gets it today. Hopefully there will be plenty more and some that he finds on his own. That will be when I know I've done something right lol.

#1. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422740770.110056.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422740806.047103.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very cool. Hopefully he continues to figure it out. You two will be a deadly combo on sheds.

Diablo54

Outside
We went behind the house this morning. It's still early so I took a shed with me too help gunner keep his interest as we walked. I had just thrown the shed too my right while he was over the hill. I whistled for him and he comes prancing back with this In his mouth. Looks like I've done something right. He sure was proud of it. I measured it at 59". I took a fake asl pic too lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice! No doubt he has it figured out now. Nothing to do but hit the woods and have fun with Gunner finding sheds!

Heck yeah that is great stuff there Taylor! Heck I didn think you'd need help finding sheds but I'm sure you'll appreciate that dog more and more as you take him out!! You seeing any other bucks losing their head gear on trail cams?