Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Did not see that coming...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This time last year, I was looking for jobs because it seemed almost a certain thing that we'd be without a job at any moment. In October last year, we found out that we would indeed have a job and in the time since then, things have went from zero to top speed in the matter of months. The build up continues today as we have three new employees starting, two of which are landmen. I have been hoping all along that we would see a similar set up to what we had in PA with an "operational landman" and a "traditional landman" style organization in our land department. I just had a meeting with our head land manager and I got what I was after; I am now an "operational landman" meaning I now longer have to fool with leasing/title and can focus on what I enjoy most: being in the field dealing with land owners of a variety of issues. One of the new landmen will fit into the traditional roll, while the other has a lot of experience in the operations department. Now for the twist...

After over 5 years of working for my boss, I now have a new boss who will over see myself and the new operations landman. Who would that be? None other than my old man! :smiley_coolpeace: I never saw that coming and neither did he as far as I can tell. He has been stressing about whether or not the new company would want to keep him in the long run and today, he inherited two new employees and a new position himself as Operations Manager. Some folks my dread working for their father, but I love the idea! He has been a great mentor to me since I started working here and he knows how to best use my skills, so I think it is a win-win for us. At the end of the day, it was a great birthday present!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great news for your dad.

You're gonna miss the title work though, admit it! You're in the gold rush buddy!

Never. Title work sucks ass dude. There's no glory in title work and leasing is damn near as bad. I'm a people person. Stick me in the field with the farmers/hunters and let me do my thing. It's what I am best at and now I'll be in the position to make the most of that skill set. I've been hoping we'd move this direction, so this is a God send for me...

Buckmaster

Portage
Working for Pops would be an awesome thing. You only live once so the more time spent together the better.
Congrates.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats to you and your dad on the job promotions. I think this is going to workout just fine for the both of you. Keep up the great work fellas.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Glad to see things are turning out for the best for you Jesse.
(and your Dad as well)