Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Disturbed turkeys?

I had a hen in front of me on Monday the 6th and that was the first and only bird. The farmers in the area have been planting the fields like mad men and 90% of all of the fields have been planted. Since Tuesday, the day the planting started, I have yet to see or hear a turkey. They're not in the fields, anywhere.

I've been setting up in the woods, where I can find a clear enough area, but the ground growth is as tall as the turkeys. :smiley_chinrub: I'm to the point of not hearing or seeing any birds and am wondering if it's worth using the decoys at all with all the high ground growth. This morning I heard a coyote give a "yip yip howl" and now that's got me wondering if they turkeys are getting more pressure from the coyotes too.

As far as locating turkeys, seeing them and hearing them, this is my worst season. :smiley_armscrossed:

Is anyone else having this problem or is this exclusive to my area?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dan- I haven't had a ton of luck either. After the rain last Thursday night, Friday morning I had some action. I think they were along the woods/field edges since they could rely on their eyesight more.

themedic

OHIO
I know this cold weather really shut them down, I have not heard squat the past two days and I can usually step outside and hear a gobble at sometime during the day