Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Double

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Tyler roosted a bird last night on our new property. I worked nights, got off at 5:00 am and met him there. Because the moon was so bright and we don't know yet how to slip around the new place we decided to sit in the blind which was probably best for me on no sleep. Well, it didn't take long. when they started gobbling there were at least 3 in the hollow 200 hundred yards from us, another 1-2 across the hollow and some on up the hollow. I started calling and everything was fired up. The ones across the hollow started working towards us and the ones in the hollow gobbled within 100 yards. we turned and had the guns pointed out the back of the blind up the logging road. As soon as they saw the decoys in the field they started running. I could have shot both with one shot pretty much down the trail but I wanted Tyler to be the one to get one if we both couldn't. I finally told him to kill one because my opportunity was gone. He dropped it at 10 yards. The other bird flew off offering no shot. Tyler was mad that we didn't double. I was fine with it since I got to be a part of his kill. We started joking around and realized all the other birds were still around. We switched seats so I could have the better view. Less than 5 minutes after he shot I see another one coming down the road. Tyler's started doing the death flop and it came running in. Really cool morning to share with my kid.
Tyler's is 19# - 3/4" spurs - 10" beard
Mine is 14.5# - 7/8" spurs- 9.5" beard with white wings

IMG_3502.jpgIMG_3503.jpgIMG_3504.jpg