Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Eberlestock X2 Pack

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
After a fair bit of researching, YouTube video watching and going back and forth with @bowhunter1023 i finally made a choice and bought a new pack. I know this is a pack that is way more than what 90% of guys will need, but I think it’ll fit the bill for what I need it for. I hunt a fair bit of public land and do a lot of running and gunning, so having the ability to pack in my sticks, platform and outer layers is a must, especially when you get to late season and your layers become more cumbersome. I will still use my Badlands HDX pack for early season when I don’t need additional layers, but as soon as late October hits this pack will be perfect. Before I catch shit, I know for a fact I carry wayyyyy more than what I will ever need, but that’s my style, deal with it lol. This pack has an internal aluminum frame and it’s very comfortable. I believe you can add different packs to the frame to carry more stuff like out west or whatever, but for me not a necessary feature. The “main” pocket is a pull string type pouch that I keep my Arctic shield boot covers in, my kill kit, limb saw, extra light, batteries, rope and other necessities in my opinion (yes I’ll be adding an extra hat and gloves 😂). The pack has an external pocket on said pouch, and that’s where I keep the most important things which are slim Jim’s, snickers and fruit snacks. On either side of the pack are “wings” that have a pocket on the outside, inside and also are a giant zippered pocket itself. The outside pockets are perfect size for a Nalgene water bottle and small camera or spotting scope tripod. The inside pockets I have been using for my hand warmers and any other small essentials I want quick access to. The main zippered pockets on the wings are awesome. On one side I keep my cameras, lenses, memory cards and spare batteries. On the other side I keep my camera arm and it’s strap with room to spare. There are a total of 4 straps, 2 that go across horizontally and 2 that go vertically. These are tits for strapping in my 4 climbing sticks, platform and my heavy coat and bibs. Everything sinches down tight and I haven’t had any issues with things sliding around or getting loose. The very top part that flips open to reveal the pull string pouch also has a pocket, and that is where I keep my headlamp, tags/licenses, lighter, chapstick, etc. The suspension of the pack and overall comfortability is great, and I didn’t have any issues carrying a 50lb bag of corn the other day, knowing that I would not exceed that other than packing a dead deer out some day. Overall I am beyond satisfied with this pack and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something with possibly more room than you’d ever actually need. Eberlestock also sells additional things so you can strap your bow or gun to it for hiking in, but that sort of thing doesn’t interest me. I’ve attached a couple pics of it loaded with all of the above said items. Hope this steers someone in the right direction if they’re in the market.
8388D838-6E67-4A28-84A9-4A640DE2EF39.jpeg
27073C21-1D99-44A1-9289-53FCFC8DE559.jpeg

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I am loving it. For quick hunts it is way overkill, but I still use it just because I can easily pack in my camera gear and extra layers with room to spare. I only have one minor complaint, and that is the material for the draw string pouch portion can be pretty noisy when it’s 25° and below, but I will also say I try not to be rummaging around in my pack when I have deer within earshot of something like that lol. So far, I would say it is worth every penny.