Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Every Youth Season

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Every youth seaosn i think back to my first deer i've ever takrn. My dad, my brother and i headed out to a ground blind on my grandma's land. I was using a 4.10 single shot, which i still have and my brother was packing a 20 gauge. My dad said "you watch this window, you watch this window. And whichever one of us saw a deer got to take the shot. So i'm sitting there, eyes wide open and i see a deer. So i tell dad and get ready. I get my sights on him, and squeeze the trigger. Dropped dead in his tracks is my first deer, a small 3 point. But, next thing we know, he jumps up and bolts off! I instantly started to worry, i had no knowledg eat this age as to where i could have hit him. So we decide to eat some lunch, and give him some time to expre. Well next thing i know, literally not even 5 mintues after my shot, a big buck comes walking straight at us, I remember ecaxtly what this deer looked like to this day, and that was a good 7 years ago. So 45 yards away, is a 140 class 10 point stairing at us, so my brother gets situated and gets ready to take a shot, but before he could get arranged, the buck bolts. So we wait it out, and get out and track my deer about 200 yards, i cant remember exactly where i hit him, but it wasnt a great shot. But it was a memory i'll never forget. I'll get some pics of the deer later. I just wanna thank all the dads that take there kids hunting or just get them in the outdoors!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Here's the mount, it's placed on the wall by my brother's first deer, and my other brothers' first bass mount.