Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Expo?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Anyone going tomorrow? Mason wants to go shoot his bow for the $$$$$, so we are heading up in the morning.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have my reservations from having spent too much time there before. But like I said earlier, it’s been a long time. I’ll look forward to seeing some old acquaintances. I think I’ll take my hunting rig to shoot too. Heck, I even mounted a 30 year old back bar on it a few minutes ago. Lol. It’s the only one I’ve got short enough to meet their requirements. Old dude, old arrows, old bow, old junk mounted to the old bow... recipe for success. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wanted to go and learn where I could tune into all their podcasts and such. Maybe I could buy their junk and learn how to hunt. Instead I'll be out looking for antlers after church. Last time I went there was mainly a bunch of wannabe celebrity hunters selling their crap. Not much otherwise outside of UTVs, implements. . .novelty stuff for the overpaid.

Reactions: jagermeister

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have my reservations from having spent too much time there before. But like I said earlier, it’s been a long time. I’ll look forward to seeing some old acquaintances. I think I’ll take my hunting rig to shoot too. Heck, I even mounted a 30 year old back bar on it a few minutes ago. Lol. It’s the only one I’ve got short enough to meet their requirements. Old dude, old arrows, old bow, old junk mounted to the old bow... recipe for success. Lol

You came up in conversation once when I was talking to someone about shooting target archery. I said i've got a buddy that's just one of those guys, you know the ones, a guy who could whip your ass on a 3d course with your own bow. 😂 Fucking painters tape on his rest, broken fiber in his sight, peep spinning sideways and he'll make you look like a amateur.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You came up in conversation once when I was talking to someone about shooting target archery. I said i've got a buddy that's just one of those guys, you know the ones, a guy who could whip your ass on a 3d course with your own bow. 😂 Fucking painters tape on his rest, broken fiber in his sight, peep spinning sideways and he'll make you look like a amateur.
I don’t know what the issue is with painters tape. You and now Mason, both of ya seem to be bothered by it. It makes the rest quiet for cripes sake. 😁. I upgraded to orange duct tape on my target bow. Mason made me do it.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Good luck shooting the course today Brock and Mason. I wasn't aware they added a 3D shoot to the mix. Did that happen when F&S took over years back?

We used to go religiously each year and attend both the D&T and Beef expo. Made for a good weekend. But, no more family is showing steers currently and the D&T expo lost my interest for the reasons mentioned above.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Same as Adam. I haven't been since we stopped taking a cow to the Beef Expo. After working the D&T Expo for BEC, I was ruined on it. Been once since that little experiment imploded.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
His head is about to explode. He bought a high dollar CBE sight a few weeks back. The set screws have stripped. Just under 3 bills for this sight and I’ve already replaced the problem set screws once. We shot just one target at the second shoot we attended after he bought it due to the same issue. Now, here we are again. I’ll write CBE a nice review depending on what their customer service does with this POS. Lol. Figures.

Jamie

Ohio
His head is about to explode. He bought a high dollar CBE sight a few weeks back. The set screws have stripped. Just under 3 bills for this sight and I’ve already replaced the problem set screws once. We shot just one target at the second shoot we attended after he bought it due to the same issue. Now, here we are again. I’ll write CBE a nice review depending on what their customer service does with this POS. Lol. Figures.

I don't mean to make light of getting high dollar gear that doesn't perform because that just sucks, but you could probably use painters tape ad C/A glue to fix it. ;)