Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally ....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I haven't had any bucks come thru all summer, but I knew that would change in due time. He's been a frequent visitor lately, so more will follow thru ...

spypoint(1).jpg

spypoint(2).jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I had to wait all day for the HD pic, but I got my 1st daytime Bob today . Pretty excited....

View attachment 172873

For the life of me, IDK why anyone would what a bobcat within their area. Maybe that's just me that thinks/feels that way, IDK? Help me understand Kevin please?

I would appreciate seeing them placed within controlled environments, such as an enclosed wildlife refuge, or zoos only.

It is my believe that all cats are natural born cruel serial killers, and particular those cats definitely enjoy the sport of just killing, play to kill, and not necessarily for food consumption. They are extremely territorial, and that's is based off my personal experience over past three years living with them consistently here at home, and one them did kill one of my barn kitties eventually two years ago too. I stopped the first attack, and eventually that SOB got him. That encounter was also extreme. I nearly tackled the cat at the time. He was just yards away when he attacked my cat when I was standing at the barn carport. I wish I shot him when I first saw that bobcat too because I had a pistol on me at the time when that cat was literally in front of my car just after I parked it at our cabin from getting home from dinner with wife one evening. The cat circled the car, then sprayed all over our driveway pine bushes, then hung out at the wellhouse for another five minutes or better while the wife and I sat inside the car watching until he left the area. Like I said, I wish I shot him right then and there despite the laws on the books. I seriously considered it anyway, but never pulled the trigger. I don't want bobcats around my place, period!

The ones I've seen in the areas I hunt, and live, there are a couple of them that are really, really freaking big, like around 40 pounds or better, and even I wouldn't care to be within close proximity of a cat that big without having some sort of weapon trained on it. They are fast and can climb trees above you in a fraction of a second. I was stalked by one during the night in the past. It was hunting me and I'm not kidding you either. Where I am from, bobcats thrived, and there were an abundance of them back then. I've encountered more than my fair share of bobcats, and observed in the wild what they can do. They will eventually decimate your cottontails, upland birds or pretty much all kinds of birds, along with much of the smaller game species within the area eventually, then move on to a different area when the food and/or killing opportunities-to-kill becomes scarce or diminished for them, and start all over again at new location.

My thoughts about bobcats also transfers over to domestic/feral cats as well. I see more than what I ever want to see in our woods, stalking and killing, and hardly witnessing/observing them carrying off what they just killed.

So, I am trying to understand why anyone would what a wild natural born serial killer within their area. Maybe it's just me that thinks and feels this way, IDK. If you would not mind, maybe shed some light on this so perhaps I can understand better. I'd appreciate it, thank you!

Trust me, if it makes you happy that you have a bobcat within the area, then I am all too happy for you. Hopefully, the state creates a hunting season for them this year, and I got my fingers-crossed too.

Last edited: