Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fish Finders

Bowkills

Nw oh
Been kicking around getting a fish finder for the kayak. Any recommendations? I have never used one before.
Get one you can take ice fishing as well. A lot of guys I work with use their vexilars year round. I bought a new one with this intention but haven't had time to try open water yet....

Reactions: cspot

whitetailjunky3

Garmin striker 4 plus can use for both ice and open water got to buy ice transducer separately tho. I got the clear view model on my flat bottom and have been very impressed so far especially for the price lots of YouTube reviews

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Depends on how serious you want to get. If you just need it for depth and no thrills fish marking, you can pick up some cheap Lowrance or HB.

Garmin striker 4 plus can use for both ice and open water got to buy ice transducer separately tho. I got the clear view model on my flat bottom and have been very impressed so far especially for the price lots of YouTube reviews

I ordered the Striker 4. I opted not to get the plus or the clear view model for the extra cost. Going to be on a kayak anyway and the regular striker is a bit smaller. I got the portable kit that has the battery pack/charger, case, cover, etc. Did some Youtube searches and it looks like most just use duct seal to put it inside the haul of the kayak. It will work fine thru the plastic.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The
I ordered the Striker 4. I opted not to get the plus or the clear view model for the extra cost. Going to be on a kayak anyway and the regular striker is a bit smaller. I got the portable kit that has the battery pack/charger, case, cover, etc. Did some Youtube searches and it looks like most just use duct seal to put it inside the haul of the kayak. It will work fine thru the plastic.
They’ll shoot through fiberglass so you’ll be fine

whitetailjunky3

I had buddy’s that had the hummbird and Lowrance models and Garmin blows them away I got the plus cv so I can use gps and see the bottom but I got it on my 14 ft flat bottom and when the wife gives me the go ahead it’s going to go on the bow of my new deep v lol thinking long term