Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fort Spence Triple Crown

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
As many of you know we (I) bought 100 acres in Washington County in January2019. That first year Tyler killed a 139" 9 point. Last year he killed a 149" 11 point. Well last night he got out for the first time this fall. We've been getting pics of a buck that we are 90% sure is the one we called SB10 (short brow) last year. He was roughly 21" wide but had short tines. I watched him breed a doe in early November. The year before he was a 9 that I passed on. He showed up late August this year as an 18.5" wide 9 point and took over the property. He's 5 and big bodied! We knew he wasn't going to score great but he's mature for sure. I avoided hunting the clover plot he was frequenting in the evenings hoping for something better to show up. Tuesday I told Tyler I was going to sit that stand on Thursday evening and he told me he might be dead before I got the chance...he was going there Wednesday. Right at dark he walked under Tyler, worked a scrape and stepped out into the clover. He was right...dad didn't get the chance.
His last 2 bowhunts he has gone for 279". In 10 hunts on the property he's gone for 418". The student has surpassed the teacher.
IMG_4788.jpg
IMG_4790.jpg
IMG_4793.jpg

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Tyler told me when you snooze you lose......I think he said "Calculated Savage" !

Well Mike your proving that you have raised a young man that can consistently kill great dear!!! Hope he has a wall big enough for all his heads.

Well done, Congrats to both you guys...

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Tyler told me when you snooze you lose......I think he said "Calculated Savage" !

Well Mike your proving that you have raised a young man that can consistently kill great dear!!! Hope he has a wall big enough for all his heads.

Well done, Congrats to both you guys...
He knows how to finish when given the opportunity. But ask him who said we need a stand in THAT tree.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Congrats! That is a beautiful buck! I have always enjoyed following your passion for deer and habitat - keep it up!

Reactions: Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Congrats! That is a beautiful buck! I have always enjoyed following your passion for deer and habitat - keep it up!
That point was nasty brush after it had been clear cut. We had the mulcher come in and clean it up. Since there were so many roots still we just raked what mulch we could and seeded with clover. Then we frost seeded again last winter. We timed the final mowing perfect this year. It has exploded. The bucks have been all over it since June. Tyler’s buck was using it consistently.

Last edited: