Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Free at last!!!!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I just want to tell the kids out there, ...... Higher Education sucks!!

I finished my last class this past weekend for my administrative licensure. Every weekend for the past 16 months, I was sitting behind a computer, turning assignments and papers in. As I was typing this last paper, I submitted it in about 45 mins, and they usually take me 4 hours or so to type. No proofreading or editing .....just attach my evidence and submit....I figured if I have a 95% overall, I could fail this last paper!!!! I will NEVER go back and take a college class again!!!

Stay out of school kids!! As much as you can !! :ROFLMAO:

Smawgunner2

Athens County
After wrapping up my high school career with. D average and after getting out of the Marine Corps, I remember my father saying, "Now Allen, college isn't for everyone " as I stepped foot on OUs campus for the first time. Obviously he had no confidence 😆 After grinding through a masters degree I knew I never wanted to step foot in a classroom ever again. And I got out before the Woke BS infiltrated education. Statistcs will show you a huge wage gap between degrees and non degreed so it'll pay off my friend. Congratulations on wrapping it up...it's a good felling. Disclaimer: those statistic in the nodegreed column are mostly people that got out of high school and didn't do Jack shit to apply themselves and still making minimum wage in their 30s.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Disclaimer: those statistic in the nodegreed column are mostly people that got out of high school and didn't do Jack shit to apply themselves and still making minimum wage in their 30s.

Correct. It's comparing apples to oranges and is largely a myth perpetuated by universities. The biggest success factor isn't the degree itself but rather the personality of the person who I gained it. People who gained a degree are predominantly ambitious. While there are many people without a degree who are ambitious and doing just as great if not better, their side of the average also includes massive amounts of lazy people with no ambition who work at McDonald's for life. The truth is 50% of degree holders are employed in roles that don't require their degree. Unless a degree is required for the role, experience beats education in the eyes of most employers. That is to say for example someone is looking to fill an IT job. They'll hire the guy with 6 years experience over the guy fresh out of a graduate program in computer science every day of the week.