Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Glad I went back to KY

Hogmister13

So I’ve been hunting my butt off in ohio fo a Giant deer I named big foot since Halloween. Had a lot of good hunts and passed a lot of 120s as well as a high 130 inch 8 point that I started to regret toward the end of my vacation. 8 all day sits had wore me out and I needed a recharge. Farmer was going to be picking corn for the next few days and my wife convinced me to come back to KY to hunt for a few days and man I’m glad i did. It’s Nov. 13th by now and rut is full swing. Started the day off by forgetting my rifle that morning but luckily i had my crossbow in the truck. Watched some scrubs chase these 2 fawns around the same thicket all day. I knew the Momma doe had to be locked down close with a big buck. Sure enough at 5:30Pm I look up and this Toad is chasing her right at me. They come to my left and he is just casually bumping her. I grab my grunt call, give it a couple doe bleats and surprisingly he leaves the doe for a minute to check it out. He circles straight downwind of me , licking his nose and sticking it straight in the air trying to catch my wind or bleats he heard. At 2:00 that day I climbed down to cut a shooting lane, I’m glad I did because he walked right through it. Pic tells the end of the story .. very blessed and thankful C11FEDC2-AB8A-4A8B-8F5F-8E339494E7DC.jpg