Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Go Pro

Thinking about putting a Go Pro on my Christmas this year to film some fishing and hunting trips. Not planning on starting a Youtube channel or anything, just something to play around with.

Anyone have any recommendations? What brands other than GoPro? What accessories are recommended?

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I have a couple go pros. The one I use the most is a GoPro Hero 6. I like it because it’s waterproof without needing the obnoxious case and killing the audio. You have 4 or 5 “zoom” or frame settings, so you can have a super wide angle, or something narrower if you’re filming something a little further away. The hero 6 also has the little preview screen so you can actually see what the camera is pointed at without needing to use the app (which is still a sweet feature). Super easy to operate, and since it’s a few models old I’m sure you can find one for a pretty reasonable price. There’s also about 10 million mounting options. I like using a “clipshot” so I can put it on damn near anything round and relatively small in diameter (ie tether in my saddle, tree branch, etc.). You can film in slow mo, time lapse, super HD and take pictures with it too. Hope this helps!