Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Goose Pastrami

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for a while now and finally got around to it. My only regret is that I didn’t prepare goose like this sooner! This is a recipe that you will need to prepare a few days in advance but it’s sure easy and well worth the effort.

https://honest-food.net/goose-pastrami-recipe/

Fresh from the smoker, I had to slice some open and try a few hot slices...

After letting the rest cook on the counter for about an hour, I started slicing thin strips for snacks and sandwiches...

The rest is now vacuum sealed and in the freezer...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
It was so frickin’ good guys... I’m gonna have to pull one of those bags out of the freezer. I can’t seem to walk past the fridge without stopping and having a few pieces. It’s really good just dipped in spicy brown mustard. I can’t wait to have some with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut on sandwich.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Looks great Sean. I'm playing with my meat today as well.

30# turkey sausage yesterday, 30# chicken sausage today.......ever try goose sausage?
Isn’t playing with your meat fun!! Lol.

John and I had a bunch made into snack sticks a few seasons ago and I made some homemade sticks last year. I’ll also grind it and make jerky just like I would with venison. I should try and make some sausage or bratwurst for the grill but I imagine I’d have to add some pork to keep it from being too dry.

giles

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lost
It was so frickin’ good guys... I’m gonna have to pull one of those bags out of the freezer. I can’t seem to walk past the fridge without stopping and having a few pieces. It’s really good just dipped in spicy brown mustard. I can’t wait to have some with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut on sandwich.
Dick...

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Looks great . I've had some in the past others have made . I have also had Corned goose that was great .

I usually just take most of mine in for snack sticks and am a big fan of those cause they make nice handouts for landowner .

If you end up with too much of that stuff I can send you my address . Lol