Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

GOP in 2012. Do they have a chance?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I know what you're sayin' TF... So far I'm not excited about much, but it is very early on, and directions tend to change multiple times before a clear cut front runner emerges.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So far they're fugged. Repubs are shooting themselves in the foot in key swing states with the union bills. The ONLY way for it to work out in their favor will be to show the action not only reduced spending, but to also pass that down to the taxpayer in savings. Not that it will change the mind of the left of the union people themselves, but they aren't the issue. The vast majority of them never voted republican in the first place. The key is the independent votes. A "cut government spending and lower taxes" demand from taxpayers rode them into office. Proving they did that, will be the only way to keep the pendulum from swinging wildly in the other direction.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Pfft...on it all. No one will make the truelly hard choices anyhow. Take care of you and yours is about all is left.

The Republicans have a great opportunity here. They need to press the hard line on the tough issues and stick TOO it without pandering. If they loose while sticking with conservative ideals then I will be happy. Let the Dems countinue with the status quo for 2 more years after the the election. Everything will get worse and the People will be crying for "change" or a back to basics approach.

We have/had a bit of a tough economy and things were being pushed to a breaking point. Bad policies and a worse global economy will force more change. I believe that we will go one of two ways to the extreme. People will either look to themselves or the Fed to fix things. Which ever direction it goes I believe it will be a major shift....it will have to be. Not much more time left letting things ride.

I am having a problem getting my point across properly...Calgon take me away!

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

According to the Polls... They have a HELL of a chance..

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 20% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -21 (see trends).
Only 39% of Democrats Strongly Approve while 72% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 16% Strongly Approve and 39% Strongly Disapprove.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve

Overall, 42% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. That’s just one point above the lowest level of approval ever recorded for this president. Fifty-six percent (56%) now disapprove of his performance.

Congressional..

New Rasmussen Reports telephone polling finds that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters nationwide say they would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate, while 37% would choose the Democrat instead.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Thank You for sharing those clips Beener! I loved the middle video. They were all very intelligent, articulate, and conveyed his points quite well. The last clip was crystal clear. It is not about discriminating. It is about telling it the way it is. The Roosevelt quote was a great quote I never get tired of hearing. Just listening to those three speeches, he would have my vote. Obviously, I would want to hear more about the guy, but so far I am liking what I am hearing!