Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got a new Widow

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had a new Widow delivered yesterday,this one is #50 @28 and 60 inches. This is alot better on my shoulder since I fugged it up last Summer. I got it all setup last night and will bareshaft tune it tomorrow and cut arrows down for it..have some arrows all fletched and ready to go after i get em cut down.
Gonna shoot 200 grain Iron Will broadheads with a 50 grain brass insert. These iron wills are scary sharp,they are pricey but to me the broadhead is the most important part of a good setup.
The bow is Curly Maple and Ziricote and Thunderhorn Archery made the Quiver for me.
Looking forward to getting out and shooting it when I have time..too busy today but am off work tomorrow so should be a fun day tuning it.
20230304_184530.jpg
20230305_113011.jpg
20230304_202749.jpg
20230305_075102.jpg
Screenshot_20230305_125056_Gallery.jpg

20230121_091939.jpg
20230121_092007.jpg

Last edited:
Had a new Widow delivered yesterday,this one is #60 @28 and 60 inches. This is alot better on my shoulder since I fugged it up last Summer. I got it all setup last night and will bareshaft tune it tomorrow and cut arrows down for it..have some arrows all fletched and ready to go after i get em cut down.
Gonna shoot 200 grain Iron Will broadheads with a 50 grain brass insert. These iron wills are scary sharp,they are pricey but to me the broadhead is the most important part of a good setup.
The bow is Curly Maple and Ziricote and Thunderhorn Archery made the Quiver for me.
Looking forward to getting out and shooting it when I have time..too busy today but am off work tomorrow so should be a fun day tuning it.
View attachment 174586View attachment 174587View attachment 174588View attachment 174589View attachment 174590
View attachment 174591View attachment 174592
Is that a barrel of Wild Turkey? Or What! Nice man cave brother!

Reactions: Boarhead

Creamer

Athens
Gorgeous bow! And yea, be careful with those heads. A buddy of mine in AZ had an incident with one. He had one on a nocked arrow on his compound, bow on a bipod in his ground blind. He leaned over to adjust a window and the Iron Will sliced his knee open. I think he needed like 6-7 stitches!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Awesome setup! That bow is gorgeous. I’ve heard nothing but good things about those iron wills as well, I’ve considered switching but my Stingers haven’t let me down yet. Good luck tuning!!
The wife doesn't usually pay much attention to my hunting gear but when I got this one setup she looked at it and said WOW! That is a sharp looking bow!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is a sharp looking bow Brian! I don’t think you will be disappointed with the bow or those heads. You will probably only have to strop them after going through a deer. Good metal is hard to get sharp and more difficult to make dull.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is a sharp looking bow Brian! I don’t think you will be disappointed with the bow or those heads. You will probably only have to strop them after going through a deer. Good metal is hard to get sharp and more difficult to make dull.
Thanks Brock! Yea I have heard good things about those heads. Might find myself spending less time sharpening.