Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great buck 190"

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
What a goober.......a crossbow hunter to boot! Nice deer but he admittedly took a poor shot at the deer. Congrats to the slob hunter.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Heck of a buck for sure!! Should've chose better wording to put something in a publication.

Heck, he shouldn't have ever taken the shot to begin with unless the guy practices at ranges like that, and is completely competent with his weapon at a world class level. To just fling one out there and hope to catch vitals is down right disrespectful to the deer. Could've ended a lot worse, and instead of catching an artery in the deer's ass, it could've caught nothing but guts. Causing a world class buck to become coyote bait. Congrats to the hunter.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I had a guy come hunt one of our neighboring properties shoot a 168" ten I was hunting.

The dude was dating the guys daughter and asked me if it would bug me if "joe blow" could hunt for a couple days. Kinda urked me just little (seriously just a bit) since I am the one that put up his gutters, mended his fence, and cleamed off 50 acres of crp with our dozer so he could plant it...but it was his property to do what he pleases.

Guy drives in on a quad, buck runs by chasing a doe and he shoots it in the ass (running shot) standing beside said quad in everyday gear smoking a fuggin cig. He hit an artery and damn thing bled out in no time.

Said the same thing in the paper. "That boy came runnin by and I put one out there and it ended up hitting him in the ham". I believe that was his wording.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
What a goober.......a crossbow hunter to boot! Nice deer but he admittedly took a poor shot at the deer. Congrats to the slob hunter.

Please don't group all crossbow hunters into one group. There are bad apples in every bunch.

Very poor choice of words on his part......he should have said something like "it was at the edge of my shooting range"

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
A heck of a buck without a doubt... But, I'm disappointed that the editor even published this story. It absolutely wreaks of slob hunting. Congrats to the hunter on being incredibly lucky. :smiley_depressive:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Ugh, what a deer. Do you believe it died the way he described? Crossbows rule!:smiley_arrogant:

Kaiser878

ohio
I'm confused why they would even publish that nonsense....

BEcause it gives people who "wing it" all the time false hope that maybe someday they to could wing an arrow at a world class deer and get it to. Do you notice how many of these stories there are out there? I bet it ravals the amount of stories with people who put in the work. I am happy to see he got it and I have np problem seeing people shoot big bucks. I actually like to read about it....but it is a little disheartening in the same breath. Maybe we should all jsut starting winging it.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Please don't group all crossbow hunters into one group. There are bad apples in every bunch.

Very poor choice of words on his part......he should have said something like "it was at the edge of my shooting range"

Just pointing out that he was shooting a crossbow. I bought my son a crossbow this season. He will be using it until he is strong enough to shoot a real bow.