Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Greetings from Central Ohio

Nashoba

Hello

A new member here checking in.

Me and my family just moved back to Ohio from Michigan. I am working on taking my first Whitetail buck. Ive been into deer hunting seriously for the last 7 years. I started bow hunting while living in Northern California. I was able to harvest a really nice Blacktail buck. So i do feel fortunate. But im still being worked by these Whitetails.
Ive been lurking around here the last few weeks and have gotten a lot of good info, So i decided id jump in and become a member.
Im working 60 hours a week now so its hard to get out in the woods like i used to when i was self employed but i am getting out every chance i get.

Heres a trail cam pic of a buck that showed up on the cam the very first night i scouted that area. Pretty lucky to catch him on the cam the very first night it was out. There are a few more bucks that showed up that night that id harvest but he is the biggest. Thanks guys tslk to you soon!
STC_0037.JPG

Lucky

Sunbury
Welcome... Theres probly less than you can count on one hand the number of guys on here who have arrowwed a blacktail deer. Never been to California. Bout the only thing i can think of thats good about that state is hunting or fishing. Good luck on the whitetails...you can hunt all your life and the whitetails will work you over like they are now. Dam, california.......and michigan???? Were big fans of those states around here. 😁 This sites good....enjoy and good hunting.

Reactions: Nashoba

Nashoba

Welcome... Theres probly less than you can count on one hand the number of guys on here who have arrowwed a blacktail deer. Never been to California. Bout the only thing i can think of thats good about that state is hunting or fishing. Good luck on the whitetails...you can hunt all your life and the whitetails will work you over like they are now. Dam, california.......and michigan???? Were big fans of those states around here. 😁 This sites good....enjoy and good hunting.

Hahaha I do feel Very fortunate about my blacktail. That was a very different kind of hunting. Hiking up to 13,000 feet in elevation in august is the only way to really have success. They are migrant deer, so they are all up in the high country during season and after season end in oct-nov they move down to lower elevation. Very hard hunting for sure

Reactions: Lucky