Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Grounded!!!

I tore my left knee cartilage. :rolleyes: So, I'm grounded until after the surgery. 🤬
I can walk with a knee brace, so I'll take my folding chair, wear my leafy suit and find a blown down tree to sit next to, for a while. :cool:(y)💯

You can't keep a bowhunter down, well down, but not out of the woods. 😁
Bowhunter57
Shot my biggest buck ever after delaying my knee surgery till after deer season. Had to stalk it too! 163 5/8th" and if I can do it so can you! Keep us posted?

Shot my biggest buck ever after delaying my knee surgery till after deer season. Had to stalk it too! 163 5/8th" and if I can do it so can you! Keep us posted?
My wife thought I was crazy because i would yell out in pain at night whenever I forgot I was hurt but moved the covers with my leg which set the index through the roof! She said I couldn't possibly put off the surgery but I explained that it was Penna. deer season!

Reactions: Bowhunter57
Notice the before and after look on my face and what I am sitting on. When i tried to get up the knee was locked. I was eating Ibuprofen like Skittles that night! Surgery was the 12th of December (my 2nd knee done) and I was good to go out post Christmas muzzle-loader for does. Both knees were arthroscopic.
You will find that your knee will hurt less over time.

Attachments

• 11.30.16.jpg
    11.30.16.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 11.30.2016.jpg
    11.30.2016.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 111
Man that's no good! Hope it eases up on you.
Lackster,
I'm not experiencing any pain, other than the occasional "collapse" of my knee as I walk. :rolleyes: As long as I lock it up straight, as I step, it seems to function fairly normal. At least I can get around half decent, until they can throw me up on the rack and do the repairs. I've been told that I shouldn't be down more than a week, once the surgery is done. (y)
I'm keeping a PMA about the whole thing and move on with it. 💯

Bowhunter57

Reactions: Big_Holla
My first "sit" in my Cruzr XC tree saddle....well, sort of. 😁 Since my knee is messed up, I decided to use the tree saddle for a chair, while keeping my feet on the ground. At least, I'm able to get out and do a little hunting. I'm gonna be in a situation if I actually kill something. :rolleyes:

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• Cruzr A.jpg
    Cruzr A.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 77
  • Cruzr B.jpg
    Cruzr B.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Spencie

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You'll be alright. Get the surgery. Be back in a week or so. My last knee surgery was meniscus. Arthroscopic also. I was shifting gears all night plowing snow in under a week. Get it knocked out now so you're ready when the rut rolls around.

Damn you wasted no time either!! That's great news!! Good luck this year!
Thanks and yes, I was chomping at the bit to get back in a tree. 😁
Just seconds after legal time, a nice fat doe walked into range, on that first sit. 😎 That was encouraging! I had to hangout there for a good 20 minutes or so, to give her time to leave without spooking her. Hopefully she'll be back this evening. 🤔

Bowhunter57

Reactions: Big_Holla
Good news from the doctor at O.I.O., NO knee surgery!!! 👍💯 A set of x-rays was all he needed to make this assessment.
I gotta wear my knee brace, while walking on uneven surfaces and climbing. Otherwise, I'm good to go! 😎 A HUGE relief.
Have you tried Glucosamine and Chondroitin? They take a little time to build up, but cut my pain by 80% and stretched the doctor out for years. Also I used and still use DMSO. Takes the pin and swelling out of the joints.

Mickey Merrie,
Yes, I've been taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin for many years, as a daily supplement and wouldn't miss taking it for the world. 💯👍
I'll have to look up DMSO, I'm not aware of it and the benefits.

Thank you, Bowhunter57
You can get a cream at Walmart. I order 100% from Amazon then put it in the fridge for a couple hours. The real stuff freezes at like 60 degrees so it's a great way to check it. Mix 1/3 aloe oil with 2/3 dmso and put it on with a cotton ball. Paint it on good then let it soak in for 10 minutes. Make sure your skin is cleaned with alcohol first. DMSO carries in good and bad stuff so be careful. I have a buddy who puts on the medical marijuana cream then takes it in with the DMSO for even better results!

You can get a cream at Walmart. I order 100% from Amazon then put it in the fridge for a couple hours. The real stuff freezes at like 60 degrees so it's a great way to check it. Mix 1/3 aloe oil with 2/3 dmso and put it on with a cotton ball. Paint it on good then let it soak in for 10 minutes. Make sure your skin is cleaned with alcohol first. DMSO carries in good and bad stuff so be careful. I have a buddy who puts on the medical marijuana cream then takes it in with the DMSO for even better results!
You can use the 1/3 aloe and 2/3 DMSO several times a day by the way. It travels so if you put it on one knee it can help both. It is real good for arthritis by the way.