Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gun nuts, need your opinion

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I currently have a Glock 43 for my EDC. Its fits my hands perfectly. I dont have carney hands, but not far from it either I guess. I love the gun and have quite a few rounds through it. My concern has started to be capacity. I went to a gun shop and the guy showed me some Canik pistols, I really liked the guns. Ive started doing some more research on them and watching review videos and I see that folks seem to love them and say they are comparable to Glock. Im not a Glock fan boy by any means. I just want something that is functional, form fitting and has good capacity. Im looking at the TP9 Elite SC, but also toying with the idea of the TP9 SF Elite.

TP9SF Elite - Canik USA
http://www.canikusa.com/tp9sf-elite/

TP9 ELITE SC - Canik USA
http://www.canikusa.com/tp9-elite-sc/

They are very similar to once another and at this point Im leaning towards the SF Elite bc I already have a compact pistol. So, @jagermeister @CJD3 @Ohiosam @Beentown Or anyone else, any thoughts? Heard of them? Own one? Shot one?

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I e shot a handful over the years, I haven’t played with any recently but I like them. There’s a small following in some of the competition division obviously not like the big names. Levi almost went with one for a secondary gun. Great ergos, and awesome factory trigger no need to work it for the normal shooters d comes with great options out of the box. . I wouldn’t hesitate if it feels good to you.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No experience with those in particular but I sure like the looks of them. They look a lot like the HK vp9. I’m sure either one would be a solid choice.

I really, really, really like my G26. To me it’s the perfect blend of conceleability and capacity at 10+1 with the flush mag. And despite my pinky riding under the magazine, for some reason I shoot it with more accuracy than any of my other pistols. Not sure why. The other gun besides this one that I carry anymore is my Kahr .380, which is like a summer time gym shorts kinda gun. I can’t remember the last time I carried my G19 or Shield. The G19 for me is okay during the winter, but in my opinion it simply doesn’t hide as well as the 26 and I don’t feel like I need the extra weight riding around with me. 11 rounds gives me plenty of peace of mind.

My advice... go to the gun store and fondle them... whichever one gives you that funny feeling in your special place, that’s the one you should take home with you. 😉

Strizzi

I carry a 43 everyday with an extra mag in my pocket. I’ve never worried about not having enough capacity. I used to carry a Glock 19 daily for about 8 years before I purchased the 43 and I have no regrets. Caniks are fantastic firearms, I wouldn’t call myself a Glock fan boy I own many different brands but if I’m carrying a semi auto I’ll only carry one of my glocks because they feel the best for me.

I would rent a canik if possible and try it out or head to a gun shop and try and see how it carry’s on you. Another good option would be a Glock 48. Very close sized to the 43 but with 10 rounds.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Another 19 guy here! 15+1 and a 17 round mag for a spare.
IMG_20200430_174521405.jpg
IMG_20200427_174048729.jpg

Cogz

Cogz
TX
https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

S15 mags for the g43x or 48 may solve your concerns. I’m a bigger guy and I edc a g45 (g17 grip w/g19 slide) with a holosun red dot in a tier one concealed holster. Those holsters are ideal for concealing. When i go micro sometimes in the summer I carry a g42 with extended mags and a red dot in a tier one and it’s like it isnt even there, but ive carried the g45 in shorts and tshirt.