Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guysville area in Athens County???

Fletch

Supporting Member
Got a question for you Athens County guys??? How is the deer hunting around Guysville ,Athens County??? I talking quality not quantity... Thanks..

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Pretty good hunting in and around that area. There's tens of thousands of acres of timber out there. Big bucks roam it all, but it can be hard hunting because of the terrain. Are you looking at buying or leasing? How many acres?

Fletch

Supporting Member
50 acres.... thinking of looking at it and making an offer to buy...

Reactions: at1010

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well that's no good... Even if I get a Big Bad Sasquat church to patrol it....But all joking aside that's a big big problem....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Is there a neighbor nearby? If so, you could see if they could keep an eye on it for you. Posting it, placing trail cameras and having the warden meet you out there and see if he will swing by there every now and then are also options. I did all of the above and the trespassing is not a problem for me anymore.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hmmmm... So what county is best where you won't have problems with the Amish or a bunch of ridge runners???

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks Fury... Not even sure about this property.... Just was wondering if I should take a ride out there... Called the realtor and blew a price by him to plant a seed in the sellers brain... He said he doubted she'd go that low.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
Won't buy without mineral rights... J does a big buck come with every land purchase in Stark...