Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

H2 Tree Saddle and accessories!!!

I've had deliveries almost every day this week and now I have my H2 Tree Saddle and all my tree saddle accessories.
👍
😎
💯

The 2 Molle Dump Pouches, Hawk Helium Hammock Apex platform, Muddy Pro climbing sticks and a 3-step Aider from Backwoods Gear, tree stand gear hanger and all of it only weighs 14 lbs. This is nearly half of what I was packing into the woods with my tree stand.
😎
Everything fits neatly inside my military molle pack, along with the attached Muddy Pro sticks.

As soon as all of this snow melts, I'll be climbing a few trees to get used to how all this is going to work, this fall.

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• H2 1.jpg
    H2 1.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 178
  • H2 2.jpg
    H2 2.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 181
  • H2 3.jpg
    H2 3.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 147
I had second thoughts about the horizontal configuration of the sticks. Just walking through the house, they were catching on doorways.
🙄

I decided to strap them vertically and they ride better on the pack. Plus, I'm certain they'll not catch on anything in the woods.
👍

Attachments

• H2 4.jpg
    H2 4.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: NWOHhunter

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I just got my new platform this week. Now to practice ..another reason to go to 20 inch sticks is horizontal stacking ... I’m wondering if your platform will fit in the tethrd platform pouch they have

Last edited:
I did a rope mod on the Muddy Pro sticks. (y) After a trip to the woods to "test drive" everything, I quickly discovered how noisy, too short for large trees and don't seem to cinch down as good as rope does, on these sticks. :unsure:
I typically use my Summit Viper, but my new interest in a tree saddle forced me to drag out my Lone Wolf Alpha and the Muddy Pros. I purchased some climbing rated 8mm rope, cut some longer lengths and made the modifications.

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• Muddy Pro 1.jpg
    Muddy Pro 1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Muddy Pro  2.jpg
    Muddy Pro 2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 124
Last Wednesday, I took my H2 Tree Saddle out to see how everything works. One of the disappointments was the Hawk Helium platform with it's slippery smooth edges and deck. :rolleyes:
I added a 3/8" rope wrap to the edges, but ran out of that size and finished the center bars with some 5/16" rope. (y) This will improve traction and any metal noise. I'm taking it back out, along with the rope mods on the Muddy sticks, for a "test drive" tomorrow. :cool:

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• Hawk Helium 1.jpg
    Hawk Helium 1.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Dustinb80

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You should look into amsteel for the ropes as it will be a better fit on your sticks and stand. You rope thickness on the button makes me concerned

You should look into amsteel for the ropes as it will be a better fit on your sticks and stand. You rope thickness on the button makes me concerned
The 8mm size rope is recommended so that when the rope is wrapped around the versa button twice, it pinches/crowds itself, causing it to lock it in place. A half hitch is recommended on the other side, to assure it stays in place. (y)
Go to 1:40 to see how it works.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
My sticks have the same attachment only with a flat nylon strap. Amsteel would be way lighter/stronger and quieter. Look at the whoopsie daisy setup

Reactions: Bowhunter57
I just ordered a 2 step Aider from Backwoods Gear, last Sunday and it hasn't arrived yet. 🙄 The business is in Germantown, which is an hour and 30 minutes from me. I'm not sure what the hold up is with the shipping. 🤔

Thanks for pointing out the amsteel daisy chains, but I'm going to stay with my current setup, for now. 👍

Bowhunter57

Reactions: Big_Holla